AWI heads?

Started by clibinarium, 04 August 2010, 03:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jagger

Thanks Leon.  I have an order which hasn't shipped out yet.  Perhaps you could send them with the order.  I will send you an email a little later tonight with my order information.
Thanks again!

Have you considered adding green stuff and some scuplting tools to your line?

Leon

Quote from: Jagger on 07 August 2010, 12:38:32 AM
Thanks Leon.  I have an order which hasn't shipped out yet.  Perhaps you could send them with the order.  I will send you an email a little later tonight with my order information.
Thanks again!

Have you considered adding green stuff and some scuplting tools to your line?

I'll keep an eye out for it.

I might look at adding things like that to my little sideline at some point.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Sunray

I have had this conversation with David, and I think a sprue of 'heads' is a great idea. I have already done  a range of 'clean cut' head swaps in 10mm, and ...based on my experiences of 15mm Peter Pig, the "neck" and drill method works well.

And ...if you work in 10mm..you already love the fiddly things in life... Lets see how the AWI range works and then roll out to WW2/Post war- a modest range of helmets, berets and caps please.

Minenfeld

A yes from me. You could drill  a hole in the head and the neck of the headless figure, and glue a small pin of piano wire between the two, should do the trick, if thin enough !

republic of tolworth

Okay just thought I'd have a quick go at the conversion thang.

Cut top of head of an AWI American gun crew and put a grenadiers mitre on from the casualty sprue.

Few twists of the drill and tiny piece of copper rod and bobs your grenadier.

Looks nice. I now have a new grenadier type figure :D I 'm sure once the paint is on it will blend in with the others fine, May use him for fleeing trooper.

I am now even more eager for the thought of heads on sprues ;) ;D
League of the dayglow Aztec Empire.

toolsey

Hello
I requested separate heads for various ranges a couple of months ago and it was taken as though i was some kind of idiot so i have never posted since.

Leon

Quote from: toolsey on 08 August 2010, 10:58:15 AM
Hello
I requested separate heads for various ranges a couple of months ago and it was taken as though i was some kind of idiot so i have never posted since.

I remember the thread, and I don't think the idea was taken that badly, just that it would be very fiddly.  I know I said at the time it wouldn't be something we'd be looking to do, but if Clib can put some together and people want to try, then fair enough.

The recent one that Derek H did for the Vietnam M60 figure was great, and good enough to go into production.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

toolsey

Cheers Leon

I didnt mean your reply to me, some wag started a thread for seperate hands if i remember, but i still think it would be a good idea for seperayr heads for WW1 and WW2

Leon

Quote from: toolsey on 08 August 2010, 05:14:46 PM
I didnt mean your reply to me, some wag started a thread for seperate hands if i remember, but i still think it would be a good idea for seperayr heads for WW1 and WW2

I remember the separate hands thread as well!

We'd never considered separate heads really, but we'll see if Clib can come up with something, and how easy to use they are, and then we can possibly look at doing it for other ranges.

8)

17-21l

Yes It was me who did the seperate hands gag - haway man it was git funny at the time - and still is - ha ha ah ha ha ha , aye but hey what a good idea when you think about the seperate heads - I mean I have done conversions in the past so -

What about seperate types of boots - thigh high , ankle putties -
;) :D :D ;D some WAG will suggest this in a few months and then I will claim baggsies on the idea  rg arg

S
God Save the Queen
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

maciek

Great idea, Clib.
You could also so it in LoA range. e.g full tricorn heads to adapt some of your figures to WSS.
Maciek

http://zealandbayonets.blogspot.com/
wargaming in 10mm

2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

macbride95

As someone said it before I already use the hats of the casualty pack to make some different troops but it requires more work than seperate heads would IMO. I do not think it is a silly idea to consider 10mm as 28mm: some guys want a finished product but you will always find some mad guys just like I am  ;D who would like to paint nearly every troop possible; so spare heads with hat variants would be cool  :)

Bill Braham

It is a pity that the idea of sprues of separate heads never materialised for the AWI range.

Leman

I converted some 10mm ACW troops to FPW dismounted French dragoons using head swaps. I regularly do head swaps on my Peter Pig figures using a pin vice.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

d_Guy

Like Leaman I do a few head swaps (as well as arms with weapons) on my ECW guys. I'd posted about this over a TMP a few(?) months ago. I am not skilled so I generally end up wrecking three of four figures (it is all in the precision of the cuts so I stabilize the figures with modeling clay). I don't drill or pin, just superglue then add a tiny bit of green stuff. As the OP said you can "ping off" a head (which I found out the first time I manhandled one of the figures) but so far the GS patch seems to work.

It would be great if Pendraken did extra heads, etc but I really don't mind buying an extra bag of figures to canabilize - Takes me back to my early Airfix days  :)
Sleep with clean hands ...