With whom do you play the majority of your games?

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 30 October 2014, 05:27:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you play the majority of your games with?

Play! I only collect to paint!
2 (4.3%)
Solo.
9 (19.6%)
Family
1 (2.2%)
Small, regular group at mine or a friend's house.
13 (28.3%)
Small wargames club in hall. (10-15 regulars)
4 (8.7%)
Large wargames club in a hall. (16+members regularly)
3 (6.5%)
Huge club (please describe)
0 (0%)
I need no club (freelance player/member of two or more clubs on a regular basis)
0 (0%)
Two or more of the above (please state)
14 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Voting closed: 13 November 2014, 05:27:59 PM

Bodvoc

I have two separate groups of gaming friends. One lot meet at the same persons house each week, have been gaming with these chaps for over 20 years now. The other guys I meet up are a pair of older gamers, like myself and we meet up once every 6 weeks or so for a whole day of gaming, taking it in turns to play at each others house.
'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

jchaos79

Most of my games are with my brother (family), but sometimes I could reach a friend or two, not very often.

Womble67

I organise a game in my wargames shed about once a month.

I also belong to the Grimsby Wargames Society with nearly 70 members.

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

sunjester

About 50/50 between friends at my house and a small club with an average of 10-12 member per meeting.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

large club with 200+ members, and a very large building available - the building was used to assemble engines for wellingtons. We also have gaming weekends - large 20mm Black Powder, FoW comps, and a very big Cold War Commander in 6mm. That one raised £80 for the ABF. There is a rerun on last weekend in September next year. We will welcome visiting firemen any time.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Hertsblue

Either with a group of friends at someone's house, or at the club of which I have been a member for forty-plus years. Like Bernie, I also demonstrate club games at various conventions throughout the year. Sadly, for various reasons, my own wargames room has not seen action for some time and is currently largely given over to photography (and mess).
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Orcs

Could we change the title of this thread to

"To whom do you loose the majority of your games?
:D

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Leman

Weekly at Liverpool Wargames Association and fortnightly at a friends house. Also preparing my own wargames room.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Ithoriel

Quote from: Just a few Orcs on 31 October 2014, 10:03:24 AM
Could we change the title of this thread to

"To whom do you loose the majority of your games?
:D

Only if you want to face the wrath of Fiercekitty :)

You may loose the dogs of war but you lose a game to your opponent .... well I do anyway ... on a regular basis ....  :'(
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

skywalker

I ticked small club but ours (Redcar Ironbeards) is a tiny club (5 to 8 members) :) :)

SV52

Solo, 'cos I can never understand the rules and get bored easily.  A typical game for me is move everything at once and if I can see it, I shoot it.  Like the good old days of Britains' matchstick firing artillery and rows of figures lined up like dominoes for the knocking down. Ah nostalgia, the tear starts unbidden to the eye!
"The time has come, the walrus said..."

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Jc

I game with family and friends, with the odd visit to the local club.