With whom do you play the majority of your games?

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 30 October 2014, 05:27:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you play the majority of your games with?

Play! I only collect to paint!
2 (4.3%)
Solo.
9 (19.6%)
Family
1 (2.2%)
Small, regular group at mine or a friend's house.
13 (28.3%)
Small wargames club in hall. (10-15 regulars)
4 (8.7%)
Large wargames club in a hall. (16+members regularly)
3 (6.5%)
Huge club (please describe)
0 (0%)
I need no club (freelance player/member of two or more clubs on a regular basis)
0 (0%)
Two or more of the above (please state)
14 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Voting closed: 13 November 2014, 05:27:59 PM

Duke Speedy of Leighton

What ho chaps!
The thought struck me after FSN and Steve J recently said they were solo gamers, who does what?
ML
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fsn

Indeed. Solo and proud.

Why will no one play with me? - FSN
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

Looking at the period since I retired I find that I am exactly 50/50 solo and small regular group,so .... none of the above :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Added an option to cover that Ithorial old bean.  8)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Ithoriel

Quote from: mad lemmey on 30 October 2014, 06:24:43 PM
Added an option to cover that Ithorial old bean.  8)

Thank you!

Thought I was going to have to round up the usual suspects and inflict a game on them just to avoid looking like Billy Nomates :D
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Steve J

Solo and a few gaming chums, when we can meet up. There are a few clubs around, not many to be honest in Bristol, and they meet at times that are not convenient for me. To be honest I don't miss the club politics and sniping that happenend at our old club, so can't see things changing in the near future.

paulr

Small regular group at a mates, with occasional visits to clubs and conventions.
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Nosher

Solo predominantly.

A couple of regular friends at mine or theirs.

When I'm not working Friday nights at Sudbury and District Wargames Club which has upwards of 50 members
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

fred.

With a small group of friends, at various of our houses.

There are about a dozen gamers locally - and we tend to play most Friday nights. We are currently split into two main camps, a 40k based one and a 10mm Fantasy based one. But these are typical preferences rather than any formal split. There are games that we cross-over for, and this changes over time. There are 4 of us who have the space to host, so we tend to play where fits by both schedule and proximity.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

petercooman

Also 50/50 solo and a small regular gaming group.

Solo in week 1, when i work the 14-22 shift (in the morning at home when nobody's around to hear my woosh boom pew pew noises)

gaming pals when i work 6-14 at my collegues house, or when his games room is occupied (he plays the BIG comsims) we play the blood bowl cardgame at the pub.

Subedai

I put solo as that is 99% of what wargaming I indulge in. I had a couple of games earlier against live opponents and they went well but mostly solo...when I do have a game that is. I mostly paint. There are five or six small to medium clubs within about a ten mile radius but as I don't drive it's a bit tricky getting to them. I do get to the local shows though.
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

fsn

Wow! I thought I was the only one who played with myself.

Cheers - Nobby
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Bernie

A right mix.........

Solo. To rules design or try out other people's game systems
Family - My son is a dab hand at picking up rules and is a good foil, but will rarely play with my mates - not enough beer probably
Small, regular group at mine or a friend's house. Corps of my gaming experience of 3-4 chums on a regular basis, could be figure, board game or role-play
Small wargames club in hall. Only once a month now
Huge club (please describe) - Megagames of 60+ players via Megagame Makers. 4 times a year. In many ways the highlight of the gaming experience due to the topic and the sheer scale of the thing.

Not sure where putting on a game at wargame shows with 4-6 people 3-4 times a year and trying to get an interest going in 10mm

Bernie

Steve J

Interesting that we all seem to be fairly similar in our gaming habits.

vonlacy

With a small group of friends. Six of us meet every Sunday night we game all periods and all scales.