Group Gaming Venues

Started by lentulus, 04 August 2010, 02:29:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lentulus

I suspect that local culture is a factor here.  I am from Canada; I have gamed here in folks homes and in community centers - for quite a while at a student union building, but only at a pub when I visited London - so if you would volunteer where you live and where you game (besides voting) I would be curious.

Nosher

"solo gaming excluded"

Thats it - go and make us feel even more "billy-no-mates" for having to game solo :o

Just to bugger up your poll I'm going to vote anyway as revenge for solo-wargamers everywhere :D
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

lentulus

Changed the wording just for you  ;D

nikharwood

I'm like nosher...solo-gaming accounts for 99% of my gaming - so I've voted for "home of..." although technically, it's the garage / man-cave  ;D

Steve J

The vast majority of my gaming is at my local club which is about 12 miles away, in a village hall that the club rents for the night. The odd trip to Niks garage/man cave (of which I am extremely jealous) is about the only other gaming I get in. I'd like to do more solo gaming at home but a lack of space and time due to work and family have put pay to that.

Maenoferren

Mainly my house to be honest, this came about when my second child was born, and it meant I didnt leave my wife with two kids under 3 to try to get to bed, the kids go to bed fine now, but we still play here... we do mainly role playing though, which is why for the dino hunting I wanted smaller figures so that I can have bigger games.
THere is a club here in Lerwick, I dont get down as much as I would like to, but thats the way it goes I suppose
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

Derek H

Sandinista

our club meets at The Willoughby Arms in Kingston Upon Thames, Tuesday evenngs and Sunday afternoons. This is a huge bonus as it is one of the best real ale pubs in the area

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/75/753/Willoughby_Arms/Kingston_Upon_Thames

republic of tolworth

I must drag myself down again sometime :-[

Working on Sundays can be a pain.
League of the dayglow Aztec Empire.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Hit the "other" button in the poll because we dont pay for our venue, the  Aerospace Wings club at the Broughton factory. Club memebers, and frequent vistors (like me) pay £1  per meeting, which go into the sports and social funds.

Feel free to turn up most Thursdays.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Sean Clark

We rent rooms  above a hardware store in Stoke on Trent. Annual membership though is £150. Works out at £3 a night but they dont allow casual membership. In fact due to work and baby meaning I may only get to club once a month next year I may have to look elsewhere for gaming. There are a couple of other clubs close by but I have been a member at Stoke for 20 years now so would be sorry to leave.

Sean
God's Own Scale podcast
https://godsownscale6mm.podbean.com/

nikharwood

Crikey... :o

Anyone wanting to pay me £150 a year for membership is more than welcome to game in my games room...as much as you like  8)