19th Century Bloody Big Battles

Started by Fenton, 25 October 2014, 12:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leman

Contacted Dave Ryan, at Caliver, and he expects to have the rules available in a couple of weeks
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Fenton

Good news

Did he give any indication of price?
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Leman

fsn

Is that a really shabby English Civil War re-enactment society?

Bad puns Army - FSN
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

Yeah, the type that uses velcro fastening Hush Puppies.

mollinary

Quote from: Dour Puritan on 30 October 2014, 08:40:52 AM
Yeah, the type that uses velcro fastening Hush Puppies.

Absolutely!  Any fule kno that Hush Puppies were not introduced until the Restoration in 1660. ;)  :D

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Leman

Chris Pringle

Presumably, prior to the Restoration, shoes were required to be plain black, and sufficiently ill-fitting to cause the wearer virtuous suffering?

If I may go off-topic for a moment:
Don't know how many people this will be relevant for, but for US members, Dennis of "On Military Matters" has posted on TMP to say that OMM will have BBB and BBEB from the Saturday of Fall-In, i.e., 8 November, at US$ 25 a book.
http://onmilitarymatters.com/pages/dfindex.php

Chris

Fenton

On the BBB yahoo group it says that Irregular Miniatures will be stocking the rules
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Dave Fielder

I'll buy them from the first available in the UK. Will add them to my Blucher wish list.
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

Leman

Anyone got any ideas for the gunboats on the Seine that feature in one of the FPW scenarios? I'm going to be doing this in 6mm. I'm OK for the armoured train thanks to the Irregular Boer War stuff but no idea what to use for the boats. Don't think a Sudan style paddle boat will do though.

petercooman

Quote from: Dour Puritan on 17 November 2014, 05:13:22 PM
Anyone got any ideas for the gunboats on the Seine that feature in one of the FPW scenarios? I'm going to be doing this in 6mm. I'm OK for the armoured train thanks to the Irregular Boer War stuff but no idea what to use for the boats. Don't think a Sudan style paddle boat will do though.

THey do have a gunboat at irregular:

http://www.irregularminiatures.co.uk/indexes/6mmindex.htm

Leman

Thanks Peter. How on earth did I miss that?

Westmarcher

I'm not buying them, I don't need any more rules, I'm not buying them, I'm not buying, I'm not, I'm ............ :-S
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.