Cavalry Western Theatre ACW/Plains War?

Started by Heedless Horseman, 21 October 2014, 01:12:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heedless Horseman

How about some pistol/carbine armed cavalry in 'western' hats for ACW western theatre or plains war? Some of the new ACW figures might look 'ok', but maybe a little bit too 'reb' for union or 7th cav. OK, they were a scruffy bunch, but less beard and wider brimmed hats without front turn-ups or feathers? The raider with pistol at waist level would be fantastic with a head swap! That handgun is superb for 10mm but he just doesn't feel like a 'proper' film/TV cavalryman with a full beard and a narrow brim hat. Oh, and rifle armed rebs for mounted infantry...for theatre accuracy, of course!   ;D
(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)

Maenoferren

Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

General Bt Sherman

Wargame or Die!

2012 Painting Competition - Winner!

Dannyboy

Another vote for this to fill a hole in the range. Pony Wars rules are about to become available again and seems a great shame there aren't any mounted and dismounted opposition for the Plains Indians. A couple of scout poses would also be useful and some pack mules please.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

I was hoping to have had these done ready for Pony Wars but with the delays on the Peninsular range we're about 6 months behind on the sculpting schedule.  If we can get the Naps finished up then I'll look at squeezing these in before we move on to anything else.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Dannyboy

Can we have pack mules as well for Benteen, horse holders and some suitable figures for casualties, low ammunition markers please. You can see which side I'm gunning for can't you.

flyingsuppo

Jerboa

Scorpio_Rocks

Please, Please Please!!!

Pony Wars is at the printers and due to drop very soon - We NEED some "Holywood" 7th cavalry types!
"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.

Leon

Quote from: Scorpio_Rocks on 03 July 2021, 07:18:02 PM
Pony Wars is at the printers and due to drop very soon - We NEED some "Holywood" 7th cavalry types!

We've got them on the list and I was hoping to get them done before Pony Wars launched but I don't think it's going to be possible.  Tony's tied up with the Peninsular Naps project so I can't get anything else from him until we've got that finished off I'm afraid.

Scorpio_Rocks

Quote from: Leon on 05 July 2021, 01:46:28 PM
We've got them on the list and I was hoping to get them done before Pony Wars launched but I don't think it's going to be possible.  Tony's tied up with the Peninsular Naps project so I can't get anything else from him until we've got that finished off I'm afraid.

Great to hear they are on the list! Thanks Leon
(and we understand the delays due to illness, pandemic, families, etc)
"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.

Ace of Spades

Interesting! Looking forward to hearing more about these...

Cheers,
Rob
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!