Soundtrack

Started by FierceKitty, 20 October 2014, 02:30:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

An amusing hour or so on Youtube yesterday, and a bit of time transferring the results to a CD, and I now have a musical disc to accompany SYW battles. There're a lot of French marches (Charpentier and Lully in particular), the Hohenfriedberger march, the British Grenadiers, and of course The Bear went over the Mountain, which was still a smash hit at the time.

I wonder if I can get a sound effects boffin to superimpose some thundering hooves, crackling muskets, and ground-shaking artillery?
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

nikharwood

Grab a (free) DJ program (something like VirtualDJ), FK: you can then drop in both your music track & another track containing all your sound effects: then you can mix them as you go (or create a mix)...

Simples  :)

There's a Kickstarter for some RPG sound effects tracks - they've done them on a modular basis (for Pathfinder IIRC)

FierceKitty

You're a useful man to know. Thanks.

nikharwood

Quote from: FierceKitty on 20 October 2014, 02:42:40 PM
You're a useful man to know. Thanks.

You're most welcome.

And thank you for the addition to the epitaph picklist  ;)

FierceKitty

FierceKitty

barbarian

2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

Maenoferren

Get hold of the Waterloo/Quatre bras computer game the sound effects were useable for others things. Lots  of cannons, muskets cavalry the works  ;)
The game was the one where the units were depicted en masse by little figures. B*ggered if I can remember who it was by, but you did get little animations of reenactors firing etc
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

nikharwood

21 October 2014, 09:35:28 AM #10 Last Edit: 21 October 2014, 09:37:02 AM by nikharwood
Here's the one I was thinking of - more RPG stylee...but very atmospheric  :)

https://store.syrinscape.com/about-syrinscape/

This search will help too...so if you download one of these (youtube downloader), convert it to MP3, bang it into Virtual DJ alongside your music tracks, you're laughing  8)

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=battle+sounds+effects

Hertsblue

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, of course, but anyone playing repeated sound effects within the hearing of other wargamers risks being cornered by a wild-eyed maniac gripping him by the throat and yelling "SHADDUP, SHADDUP, SHADDUP, SHADDUP, for f**k sake!". I've seen it done....
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

FierceKitty

I have had a similar experience - mind you, it was bagpipe music in a Scottish game.

Maenoferren

Quote from: Hertsblue on 21 October 2014, 01:09:39 PM
Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, of course, but anyone playing repeated sound effects within the hearing of other wargamers risks being cornered by a wild-eyed maniac gripping him by the throat and yelling "SHADDUP, SHADDUP, SHADDUP, SHADDUP, for f**k sake!". I've seen it done....
just stick me with cavalry in an ACW game  and then you will get annoying.....  :d :d :d I especially like John Wayne in the Horse soldiers :)

Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

No - best is a modern game with lots of helis - Ride of the Vlakires obviously. The 90 min tape we played at the Triples lasted 5mins.

IanS  :D
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021