Basing individual figures

Started by Maenoferren, 03 August 2010, 09:33:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maenoferren

I am wanting to base a lot of the figures on individual bases for the hunters etc. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on what to use?
Cheers
Stephen
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

Steve J

1p coins would work pretty well I reckon.

NTM

I use 1p sized (20mm/3/4" diameter) washers for 15/20mm they would be a bit on the large size for 10mm IMHO
There is a company which does 15mm round MDF bases I will post a link as long as it doesn't break any forum rules.
Other than that I would say use 1/2" washers or similar.

Leon

Quote from: NTM on 03 August 2010, 11:55:14 AM
I use 1p sized (20mm/3/4" diameter) washers for 15/20mm they would be a bit on the large size for 10mm IMHO
There is a company which does 15mm round MDF bases I will post a link as long as it doesn't break any forum rules.
Other than that I would say use 1/2" washers or similar.

No bother with the link, I can't see myself being able to offer round MDF bases for a while!

Other people have mentioned using 1 cent coins, which you can usually get from the Post Office/bank, if you ask nicely.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

ronan

03 August 2010, 05:55:11 PM #4 Last Edit: 03 August 2010, 06:03:38 PM by ronan
Quote from: Leon on 03 August 2010, 04:38:02 PM
using 1 cent coins, which you can usually get from the Post Office/bank, if you ask nicely.

:D  :D  :D

I usually use  metallic  round slices with a hole - what's the name in english ? - my figs are paint on cardboard, then cut and glued on this round slices..)

Dazza

Quote from: ronan on 03 August 2010, 05:55:11 PMI usually use  metallic  round slices with a hole - what's the name in english ?

We call them washers :)

Dazza
Dazza's 10mm Miniature Armies : http://www.ukstrike.co.uk
" AWI, Colonial, WW2 & Vietnam"

AWI Photos : https://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,560.0.html

Never argue with an idiot; He'll drag you down to his level and beat you by experience.

nikharwood

If 1p coins are too big, you could go with 5p coins...it'll increase the value of your figures too  ;D

Maenoferren

cheers guys, so basically 15mm bases would be about what I need... right google here I come

NTM

Maenoferren

I was just fiddling around in my leather carving tool box and I came across a 10mm punch, i tried it out on some cereal box card and it is a super size for individual basing, I now need to find some art board and off we go, cue lots of noise!!!! ::)

morrigan

I'm in the process of basing a bunch of SYW figures on individual bases. I'm using 1/8" washers that I get in a bulk pack at hardware stores for about 3 cents apiece. They are about 10 mm - 3/8ths of an inch across

Maenoferren

Well I found some thick mounting board type stuff, basically a piece from the space hulk game, I managed to punch out 54 10mm circles, I probabbly could have managed more If i had been more accurate.  THanks again to everyone who chipped in with advice, I will have a look at the stuff you told me about.

count_zero99uk

Euro cent coins are perfect for this.