A quick question.

Started by jambo1, 19 October 2014, 09:48:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jambo1

I have just received my first packs of Pendraken minis and to say I am chuffed is an understatement, what great figures now to look at the tutorials on how to paint these wee beauties! Anyway back to my topic, I am going to be doing Sedgemoor to the Williamite wars and wonder what is the best set of rules to do so in 10mm, had this been 28mm or whatever I would not bother to ask but I am brand new and shiny to 10mm so really could do with the advice..

Fenton

Not sure what rules you use for 28mm but if they dont have any sort of figure removal  why not use the same ones for 10mm? Then you can have lots of nice figures looking like an army or just maybe half the base sizes and the firing and movement distances

If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

At 10mm, I use cm for stated inches in scale.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Chad

Beneath the Lily Banners is a good choice as they are designed for the period.

The League of Augsburg has an excellent forum to help you.

Chad

Sandinista

Pike and Shotte give a great game in this period

jambo1

I had thought of both Pike and Shot and Beneath the Lily Banners so will probably go with one of them, cheers for the answers.

Last Hussar

You can get 6 10mm in the same footprint as 1 28mm, at about half the price.  As said above if you don't do figure removal just put more figures on a base.  Even if you do do figure removal you can still do it if you put them on the base of one figure.

Examples
They Couldn't hit an Elephant has 4 x 15mm figures on a base (25 men per figure). One hit = 1 figure, but we just use the coins from the Pirate game to count casualties until they hit 4.

Regiment of foote - written for Peter Pigs 15mm figs, rules state 4 figs per base.  I get 16 10mm pikes on the same size.

Black Powder, written for 28's, in inches. Read cms instead of inch.  Suggested unit bases is 1 on 20mm square/4 on 40mm, or 3 x 2 on 45mm.  1cm is 40% inch, 40% of 45mm is 18mm - I put 3x2 10mm on a 20mm base.
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

nikharwood

I'm also working on Sedgemoor - and will use Pike & Shotte and Beneath the Lily Banners  8)

jambo1

I have decided on Beneath the Lily Banners, made my mind up!! :)

paulr

Quote from: jambo1 on 20 October 2014, 07:44:33 PM
I have decided on Beneath the Lily Banners, made my mind up!! :)

Should we run a book on how long until he changes his mind  :-\ ;D
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

nikharwood

Quote from: paulr on 20 October 2014, 07:47:47 PM
Should we run a book on how long until he changes his mind  :-\ ;D

;D

Put me down for a fiver - my bet's on just after deployment  ;)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I'm going for 27p and a Curly Wurly on the pub after the first game.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner