Quebec 1759

Started by Matt J, 15 October 2014, 12:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ithoriel

"The Shorn Ones" Ian. Sheesh, don't you have Google where you live?   :P ;) :) :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

It only recognises ENGLISH....

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Ithoriel

Gaun' yersel' son, div ye nae hiv Google Translate neither? ;)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

I SAID ENGLISH - not the bastardized dialect spoke up north. Least the Welsh have their own language...... :d

IanS

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Leman

As I understand it Scotland has three languages (that I'm aware of): Gaelic, Scots and English, and a whole host of accents.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Ithoriel

Scotland has many languages. Gaelic, English, Lallans and the Doric at the very least. And that's only if you ignore the many speakers of Mandarin, Hindi, Polish and the like. 

Leman

Now you're just being pinko lefty PC. Polish, Hindi, etc. are not British languages. And that's from someone who hates Nigel Farage and loves the EU.

Ithoriel

What?

They're as British as pizza and kebabs and the Friday night balti! :)

Leman

No, they're foreign things we find quite nice, but they're still foreign. When did foreign become a dirty word in this timid, easily offended society of ours. I like Belgian beer; it's not British just because I can buy it in Britain. I can buy chips in Italy. It doesn't make chips Italian. In my opinion all this constant apologetic chest thumping about people's differences actually makes things worse. Differences should be celebrated and recognised as differences rather than trying to pretend we're all the same just because we live on the same island. The recent close result in Scotland demonstrates this quite clearly.

Fenton

I for one like nothing more than dipping my Crepe wrapped deep fried mars bar in a pint of Hoegaarden during Diwali

vive la difference
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Chiken Tikka were invented in Brumigan, now whether dat ire in Engggland i debateable.

IanS

Fenton

Quote from: ianrs54 on 11 November 2014, 12:29:40 PM
Chiken Tikka were invented in Brumigan, now whether dat ire in Engggland i debateable.

IanS

I thought it was Glasgow
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Ithoriel

Glasgow, Uttar Pradesh and the Punjab all have reasonable claims to be the point of origin, apparently.

In 2001, British Foreign Secretary Robin Cook declared that "Chicken Tikka Massala is now a true British national dish, not only because it is the most popular, but because it is a perfect illustration of the way Britain absorbs and adapts external influences." He went on to explain that "Chicken Tikka is an Indian dish. The Masala sauce was added to satisfy the desire of British people to have their meat served in gravy." - Wikipedia