Directions to the new Battleground venue!

Started by Leon, 12 October 2014, 11:51:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

With it being a new venue for this years show, we want to make sure we don't lose anyone in the move!  To that end, we've put together pdf's for travelling by road, along with basic directions for those coming by bus/train as well.

By Road:
Coming down from the North on the A19 (Sunderland, Newcastle, Scotland, etc.) - http://www.pendraken.co.uk/FileBin/BattlegroundDirectionsNorth.pdf
Coming from the East on the A66 (Middlesbrough town, Whitby, Scarborough, etc.) - http://www.pendraken.co.uk/FileBin/BattlegroundDirectionsEast.pdf
Coming up from the South on the A19 (York, Harrogate, Leeds, Sheffield, etc.) - http://www.pendraken.co.uk/FileBin/BattlegroundDirectionsSouth.pdf
Coming over from the West on the A66 (Darlington, Cumbria, etc.) - http://www.pendraken.co.uk/FileBin/BattlegroundDirectionsWest.pdf

By Bus:

Regular services run from Stockton and Middlesbrough to Teesdale and X1 services from Newcastle, Durham, Sedgefield and Middlesbrough stop outside the Holliday Building on University Boulevard.  There are several bus stops on the campus, the closest ones for Battleground being either the Holliday Building stop, or outside the Stockton Riverside College.

By Train:
East Coast Main Line operate high speed services from London, York and Edinburgh to Darlington, with a connection to Thornaby Railway Station.

The Transpennine Express provides a direct approximately hourly service from Manchester Airport, Manchester, Leeds and York to Thornaby.

Northern Rail operate a regular service from Saltburn to Newcastle and Bishop Aukland that stops at Thornaby and Durham.

Once you arrive at Thornaby Station, climb the steps and turn right onto the footbridge.  Walk over the footbridge and turn right along Station Street.  At the roundabout go straight over onto Harvard Avenue, signposted 'University Campus', with the glass fronted buildings on your right.  Continue down this road, past the entrance to Stockton Riverside College, until you reach another roundabout.  Turn right here, signposted 'University of Durham'.  As you reach another roundabout, the venue will be to your right, a white and grey building with the curved sports hall roof visible and 'Durham University Sports' written on the side.

If there are any queries at all on getting here, just get in touch and we'll point you in the right direction!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leman

Looks a bit more complicated than the first map.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leman

The only other one I've seen. Have there been more?

Leon

Quote from: Dour Puritan on 13 October 2014, 06:49:38 PM
The only other one I've seen. Have there been more?

:-\

I can't remember doing any other maps, aside from the one on the flyer?  It's very easy to get to, you'll be coming over the M62, up the M1, then off onto the A19.  As you get closer to Middlesbrough, you can use the 'From the South' direction pdf.  There are only really two junctions, one to get onto the A66, and then one to come off the A66 next to the venue.

8)

Leman

Sounds pretty straightforward. See you there.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman