1809 French (to take on the Austrians)

Started by Nosher, 08 October 2014, 08:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nosher

Started a new post to map progress on my French 1809 project for FOG Napoleonic.

I have already finished three Line Units, so tonight started a further line unit, two light units, an artillery battery, two lots of divisional command and ADCs plus two skirmish attachments and two officer attachments.

When complete I will have two Divisions done to match the two divisions of Austrians I finished recently.

At that point I will be halfway through two matching 800point FoG armies.

The aim is to finish both armies and then sell off my 15mm Nappies to make way for a Peninsular British Army and either Prussians or Russians.
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

conster

waiting for my order of french army pack to arive how do you organize your figs bases ect

Nosher

For Line 6 figs per base in two ranks.

Light 6 figs per base with Voltigeur and Carabinier 4 figs per base

Skirmish attachments 4 figs per base

Brigade command (attached officers) 1 mounted officer and four figs per base

Artillery - gunners on base, cannon left loose so I can simulate destroyed or abandoned guns

Cavalry 3 figs per base

Corps and div commanders singly based on 2p pieces

ADC singly based on 1p bases

I use 30x30 bases for all stands
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Nosher

Spent a couple of hours on the two light units which are nearing completion

Frank Carson

Steve J

Sounds like you are making good progress Nosher :).

Nosher

The two light units and the artillery battery are done.

One Line unit, the Div Command and ADC's and skirmish/command attachments still to do and then the division will be complete.

I'm working nights all weekend so progress will be pedestrian at best.

Frank Carson

Nosher

Started the Divisional command and ADC's horses done, figs still to finish. Hoping to get these done tomorrow in between my final night shift.

I have an exam next week for my Paramedic pathway so painting will take a back seat for the next week.

Frank Carson

Ithoriel

Not that you'll need it, I'm sure, but I'll wish you luck with the exam none the less.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Nosher

Cheers Chaps.

I best had or its the Dole queue which doesn't bear thinking about :(

Frank Carson

Nosher

Corps Command, 2 divisional commanders and four ADC's finished.

Frank Carson

mollinary

Good luck Nosher, knock em dead!  ...on second thoughts, perhaps that might not be the best strategy!  ;) ;D

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner