Show: Warfare, Reading

Started by Leon, 01 October 2014, 12:43:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Leon

Excellent 2-day show at the Rivermead Sports Complex in Reading.  With the loss of Colours this year, there's even more reason to come along! 

More info can be found here: http://www.wargamesassociationreading.co.uk/ and we'll need any pre-orders before 8th November please!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leon

This was an excellent show, the highest number of visitors they've ever had, with about 1800 through the door over the whole weekend I think.  It was our best year down there as well, which must be due in some part to the loss of Colours this year.

And on that note, we found out that Colours will now be returning for 2015, in the same venue and on the same weekend, but as a one-day show instead.  Personally, I think this is a very good move as it brings the stand costs down substantially, and I don't think they'll lose too many visitors by getting rid of the Sunday.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Steve J

Glad to hear you had a good weekend. Lovely to hear that Colours will be returning, even as a one day show. Better start planning now for a demo table... :-\.

O Dinas Powys

I had a fun morning on the Saturday. Managed to grab a 10mm bargain at the bring and buy including another mob of Pendraken goblins and wolves  :D

Then had great fun being a pirate captain on a dinosaur infested treasure island courtesy of Wessex Wargamers Winchester - which I believe won best participation game  8)

After that it was time for a spot of retail therapy! Managed to catch the Pendraken stand during a brief quiet moment and say hi. Then it was time to hunt some d30s and giant (pink, sparkly) d6es for my daughters; pop buy Timecast to see if Will/Lemmey had been allowed time off of good behaviour - apparently not, still owe you that raptor Coke mate, see you next year ;) - before heading home for the annual Wales versus the South Sea Islanders torture-fest we loyal fans have come to - hmm - *love*!!  :'(

See you next year guys  :-bd

Cheers,

Meirion
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Sorry, I ran out of brownie points and cash this year! :D
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Pleased to hear it was a good show, Leon. :)
Cheers - Phil

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: mad lemmey on 19 November 2014, 12:32:21 PM
Sorry, I ran out of brownie points and cash this year! :D

They mentioned the brownie point deficit when I asked at the Timecast stand  ;)

Although I have to say that there was a pretty big clue that you weren't going to be there when I saw you post in the painting thread timed at ~2:30am on the Saturday morning...  :o :!! ;D

Ah well, there's always next year ;)

Meirion

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

O Dinas Powys

O Dinas Powys

O Dinas Powys

O Dinas Powys

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Your turn to pick.
Something obscure?

Leman

Anyone any photos to put up? I couldn't make it this year.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: mad lemmey on 24 November 2014, 05:30:12 PM
Your turn to pick.
Something obscure?

Hmm, tempting - have to have a good ponder on that one...  :-\