ITLSU 1917 Project

Started by pierre the shy, 29 September 2014, 10:52:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pierre the shy

29 September 2014, 10:52:02 AM Last Edit: 29 September 2014, 11:03:41 AM by pierre the shy
Ordered the stuff for our ITLSU 1917 project over the weekend...a fair chunk I might add  ;)

BIG thanks to Leon for his flexibility on my numbers of figures required and the great customer service.

Since I'm in NZ its not like we can just pop round to the factory and pick up the order when its ready :)

Thanks also to Paul for the great job he did on painting up my 1914 stuff - on the last batch of mainly German Dragoons now, though he might get a few more 1914 British figures to do with this order to round out the infantry battalions to full strength and add a couple of cavalry MG carts.

We'll keep you posted on how things are going.

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

paulr

I also have to really thank Leon & co, my part of the order had 43 different codes, 22 of those included part packs  :o

Some examples;
 German guns with crew from the East African range,  ;)
 commanders from the Turkish gun crews to give me officer variety,  :o
 pack horses with MGs from the SCW range (but not the lead horse from that pack),  ;)
 3 different codes from the South American Pacific war range for the Asian Korps cavalry of 6 figures :o :o :o

Leon's comments "we can sort all of this out for you, no bother at all", "We can't offer much in the way of discount on custom orders like this, but we can knock the shipping down a bit".

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Two very happy custoners waiting for a very tired postman to arrive at Peter's place  ;)

Now to focus on finishing the current batch of 1914 stuff so I can do some AWI before this lot arrive :!!
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

Well I'm certainly looking forward to seeing that take shape.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

paulr

Over 100 views  :o and the project hasn't really started yet  ;)

I'm looking at Sinai and Palestine mainly in 1917. Being a Kiwi my main focus is the New Zealand Mounted Rifle Brigade but I have tried to select units that will let me cover a variety of actions.

Imperial Forces
Mounted Cavalry Brigade
Dismounted Cavalry Brigade
2 Infantry Battalions (plus enough extra infantry & MGs to convert dismounted Brigade into an Infantry Brigade)
1 Horse artillery Battery
1 Field artillery Battery (which can act as a second HA battery)
1 Mounted Camel Brigade Battalion (can use dismounted cavalry as remainder of brigade)
2 Tanks
2 Armoured cars
2 Light cars (Model Ts with MG on back)

paulr

09 October 2014, 09:28:00 PM #4 Last Edit: 09 October 2014, 09:38:39 PM by paulr
Turkish Forces
Turkish Infantry Regiment
Arab Infantry Regiment (which can also serve as 'regular' revolting Arabs)
MG Battalion
2 Artillery Batteries
Mounted Cavalry Regiment

German Forces basically Pasha II
3 Infantry Battalions with attached MG companies
Pioneer Company
MG Company (which can be used for Austrians, sort of)
Cavalry Squadron
Mixed Artillery Battery (which can be used for Austrians, sort of, most Austrians will be off table)

Arabs ('loyal', revolting, or independant)
20 mixed stands of Arabs

paulr

Intelligence reports indicate the figures are on their way  :)

Apparently passed through Germany on their way to NZ last night, that should have pleased the figures for Pasha II  ;)

I better crack on with basing the last of the 1914 chaps and that AWI Militia :!!

paulr

Apparently arrived in China this morning ... anticipation building  :)

paulr

Did a bit more planning and organising in anticipation of the imminent arrival  :)

I think I will go with pale background colours for the labels to show nationality: Imperial - blue, Turks - red, Arabs - green.

Not sure about Germans - darker red? or the Turkish Arab regiment that can be used as regular Arabs  :-\

paulr

I am reliably informed that our order was at Changi airport this morning :) :) :)

At this rate I won't have varnished the last batch of the 1914 project before the next lot get here  :o

Let alone finished the brigade of AWI Militia I was planning to do in the interim  ;)

Hertsblue

Quote from: paulr on 17 October 2014, 04:59:36 AM
I am reliably informed that our order was at Changi airport this morning :) :) :)

How is it that you can track your order so exactly when I have no idea what happens to mine once it leaves Middlesborough, 240 miles away by road?
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

pierre the shy

17 October 2014, 09:37:38 AM #10 Last Edit: 17 October 2014, 09:47:08 AM by pierre the shy
Quote from: Hertsblue on 17 October 2014, 09:01:51 AM
How is it that you can track your order so exactly when I have no idea what happens to mine once it leaves Middlesborough, 240 miles away by road?

Morning Hertsblue

The freight company that PM shipped the order with sent me a email with a tracking number link so been watching its progress from time to time and I've been keeping Paul up to speed.

Looks like he better do some speed painting this weekend if he wants to get that other stuff finished before the 1917 order turns up - its left Changi now, hopefully heading in a generally SE direction  8)
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

paulr

Quote from: pierre the shy on 17 October 2014, 09:37:38 AM
Looks like he better do some speed painting this weekend if he wants to get that other stuff finished before the 1917 order turns up - its left Changi now, hopefully heading in a generally SE direction  8)

:o :o :-t

Leman

Looking forward to seeing how this project develops.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Techno

Hertsblue

I'm looking forward to finding out how soon the "package" arrives.  ;)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net