August Releases

Started by Leon, 01 August 2010, 03:22:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GordonY

Its part of the joy of using Pendraken figs, you've always got some spare left over, so you have to buy just a few more packs to flesh these out to full units. I've never, ever, had a Pendraken army where theres not been just a few left-overs, that I immediatly think about getting just a few more and I'll have that as a finished unit. Ooops tell a lie, my 8th Army has NO left-overs, I fitted them all in.  :D :D :D

Gordon

Leon

Quote from: Zbigniew on 06 September 2010, 07:04:01 PM
SYW French in turnbacks didnt make it  :(
And they could be used for so many stuff : French later infantry, foreign infantry on French pay, Gardes Francais, various volontaires "klaine krieg" units,
dismounted dragoons, Compaignes Francais de la Marine.....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa  =)

They are pencilled in, we're gonna try and do an 'Odds and Ends' sculpting month in November.  Which poses would you prefer?  And don't say all of them!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

lentulus

Quote from: Leon on 07 September 2010, 01:25:53 AM
Which poses would you prefer?  And don't say all of them!

With the seven years war figures, that is quite an interesting question.  My personal opinion is that the firing pose best displays the small clothes, which helps distinguish some regiments; but I would value the opinions of others.

Zbigniew

November! Wow! :)
I think one "active" pose and one "pasive" should make a trick.
My vote is for marching and firing pose.
What others think?

Leon

Quote from: Zbigniew on 07 September 2010, 08:40:46 AM
November! Wow! :)

They would be sculpted in November, so by the time we got them moulded, they would be ready for the January releases hopefully.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

lentulus

Quote from: Leon on 07 September 2010, 01:25:53 AM
Which poses would you prefer?  And don't say all of them!

What I would really like to see are people (french with turnbacks would be fine) carrying their muskets like this;

It's not just a Prussian thing; from the number of images I have seen of men holding their musket that way (some near-period) I think it was a very common carry. 

Zbigniew

Quote from: Leon on 07 September 2010, 03:21:23 PM
They would be sculpted in November, so by the time we got them moulded, they would be ready for the January releases hopefully.

I see. Still great news for me! :)

Paul Cox

In order to match my existing figures, I'd love to see the SYW French w. turnbacks in your march attack pose.

Cheers

Paul

FierceKitty

For my money, the most important thing about SYW regulars, possibly excluding hussars, is uniformity of pose.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

kustenjaeger

Greetings

For SYW French in turnbacks I'd go for march attack I think.

Sounds like a French SYW army order for January then. 

Regards

Edward

Zbigniew

I would welcome every pose for French in turnbacks. However I would like to notice a major drawback of releasing only one pose if it would be March attack or port fire. these two poses are less flexible than the three other, because they are rather only for regular units/formations.
You probably would have a problem in making dismounted dragoons or any French legeres out of them. They are simply not designed for open order formations.
I would welcome march attack pose but please add at least one from marching, firing or advancing, too.
Some of my thoughts... :)

Leon

Quote from: Zbigniew on 25 October 2010, 10:59:55 AM
I would welcome every pose for French in turnbacks. However I would like to notice a major drawback of releasing only one pose if it would be March attack or port fire. these two poses are less flexible than the three other, because they are rather only for regular units/formations.
You probably would have a problem in making dismounted dragoons or any French legeres out of them. They are simply not designed for open order formations.
I would welcome march attack pose but please add at least one from marching, firing or advancing, too.
Some of my thoughts... :)

We've asked the designer to do two poses, march attack and advancing.

Zbigniew

Quote from: Leon on 25 October 2010, 02:06:34 PM
We've asked the designer to do two poses, march attack and advancing.

Great news!

kustenjaeger

Greetings

Looking forward to the French in turnbacks.  Now to check my lists to see how many of the planned battalions may be in turnbacks ...

Regards

Edward