1864 Winter Prussians

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 28 September 2014, 10:26:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I was hit by inspiration, so I added to my Winter Prussians, only some 5 years later!  :d

I took on board Mollinary and Cameronian's advice from 2014, and added folliage to the bases to break them up. I also decided that mixing them in with the originals, as shown in the latter photos, adds life to the whole group.

Manstein, my 1000th figure for the year!

These are the 24th and 64th, plus Manstein as Divisional commander.

The batch mixed with the originals

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

toxicpixie

They look cracking! Good things are worth waiting for etc :)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Terry37

Look really good to me.

I love the challenge of creating a snow base, which is not as easy as it might seem. I do like having some kind of shrubbery or a fallen tree limb or something though to help break it up. In fact once I finish the last two elements for my Muscovite army I will be giving them a snow theme base - but it will be more of an early spring with some of the snow having melted but still have some ice over water areas and snow on the ground.

When I did my Hero element of Lady Snowblood for my Ninja army I elected to do her on a snow base ,taking it from the dramatic final scene of the first movie. You can see her here and a brief description of the conversion work involved (If you liked the "Kill Bill" movies, they are basically a remake of "Lady Snowblood", just as "The Magnificent Seven is a western remake of "The Seven samurai").

http://15mmcouk.blogspot.com/2016/08/lady-snowblood-hott-army-sengoku.html

This brief clip of the last scene is the only one I could find, but it will give you an idea. Yes, I know she is wearing her butterfly kimono in that scene but I am a real fan of green and white and yellow and white as costume combinations so went with that one from a different scene in the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCifgj0wpkM&list=PL5ZmS_vd66Wfb_KUMOZB3fkyqByHInL37&index=62

Finally, not trying to steal this thread, just wanting to share some thoughts and efforts on doing snow bases.

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Noktu

Techno

Looking damn fine, Will !!  :)

Cheers - Will.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

mmcv

Superb, the basing really brings them to life!

Leman

Massive improvement on the original bases. Great looking unit and commander.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Duke Speedy of Leighton

The bug has certainly bitten deeply.
Winter 7th Jagers (actually Landwehr figures, but if the shako fits, wear it).

Enjoy

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Lovely stuff, Will  8)

(Cool...Geddit ? ;))

Cheers - Phil

Steve J

mmcv

Ready to show the French some cold steel, lovely work.