Fury

Started by Luddite, 27 September 2014, 08:29:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clibinarium

Yeah I'm pretty miffed about this too.

Luddite

http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

pierre the shy

Got rung up by a friend of mine out of the blue to go and see this today.....even got to go to the high end cinema to see it for nix since JT insisted on paying  8)

OK like any movie it has its good and bad points but overall I would rate it 4/5....I found it engaging, visually stunning (the CGI effects of tracer rounds and AP hits/deflections are amazing) and OK the final battle is very much against the odds but one has to remember that its April 1945 - the German Army was certainly not what it had been even a couple of years previously.

Frankly the ending is a lot more gritty and down to earth than I thought they might have made it.

Well worth seeing if you have an interest in the period but remember in the end that its a hollywood movie  ;)
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

DanJ

Ooopps, sorry for the spoiler, I'm definately not a professional reviewer of films :-[

Left it out of the original post but when someone posted the Audie Murphy link it slipped out.

However given that it is a Hollywood film and originallity is not their strong suit I wasn't in the least bit supprised, it seems to be common for the old experienced sergeant/officer to die at the end of the film.

The storyline is the worst aspect of the film but then that's nothing new. 

Ben Waterhouse

Well lighted brands and pitchfork time for Danj... 8)