1809 Austrians

Started by Nosher, 20 September 2014, 07:23:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nosher

With a view to entering the painting competition 2015 I have finally managed to make a start on those Austrian chappies i bought nearly two years ago....  :-[

Slow progress (and I'm doubtful the whole army will be finished in time given i've added significant reinforcements recently and have another reinforcement order in the pipeline), however some progress even if small is better than none!

They have been an absolute delight to paint. I had heretically started on another 10mm manufacturers French to do battle with the Austrians, but the detail on Pendrakens range is far superior and far easier to pick out with my fading eyesight  :)

I have almost finished an Advance Division of a Brigade of German Line, a battalion of Jagers, accompanying Grenzers and have just the Command and supporting cavalry to go before the Division will be complete.

Ive also started two more German Line Brigades and a Hungarian Line Brigade which will constitue the 1st Division. There are two further infantry divisions and artllery to tackle as well as supporting Dragoon, Hussar, Cuirassiers and Chevaux-Leger Brigades. Last but not least is a Grenadier Division. More than enough to be getting on with and more than enough to give me a wide range of variety when it comes to fielding a force to tackle the ubiquitous French Columns.

I tend to paint a whole army before before tackling basing so pics may take a while to appear but feeling pleased with my progress to date.
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Leman

Keep up the good work. We'll watch this space.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

paulr

Gosh, forward planning ...  :o
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Nice one Nosher, look forwards to seeing these.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

WeeWars

You sound like you're a whole lot faster than me at painting the Hauptarmee  :D
← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Nosher

24 September 2014, 01:14:43 PM #5 Last Edit: 24 September 2014, 01:29:41 PM by Nosher
Advance guard.

Div Commander and 2x ADC, german Line, Grenzers and Dragoons
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Leman

Very,very nice painting of those.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

WeeWars

It's good to see someone else basing Grenzers in open order. I got a bit of a bruising on TMP by the close-order enthusiasts.

toxicpixie

Grrr, I'm almost sold on a "really big tiny armies" venture to Nappies in 2mm, but that advance guard shot makes me want to consider the one true scale again! Lovely :)

Shouldn't have two sets of Grenzers though, in case you want them to fight formed ;)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Nosher

In FoG Napoleonics Grenzers must fight in OO (at leats thats the case in the 1809 list as far as I can see)

Frank Carson

kustenjaeger

Greetings

My current plan is for half my Grenzers formed and half in skirmish order - as there will be two battalions they can be used either complete or as half of each deployed as Skirmishers. 

Regards

Edward

WeeWars

Quote from: Nosher on 24 September 2014, 06:05:14 PM
In FoG Napoleonics Grenzers must fight in OO (at leats thats the case in the 1809 list as far as I can see)

I think that's fair as every example of Grenzers in combat in 1809 that I'm aware of is either fighting in a BUA or bad going or skirmishing in the front line.

toxicpixie

I guess when they're the skirmishers you've got then you want them skirmishing not pretending to be second rate line :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Hertsblue

Nice looking little force, Nosher. And, yes, I'd have the Croats skirmishing too.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net