battle of Jersey 1781

Started by raykey, 18 September 2014, 07:24:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raykey

Hi
Intending to do a couple of HotT armies for the Battle of Jersey(found relevant army orbats on the stronghold site) . having some difficulty finding the facing colours for the 95th Regt (Derbyshire Foot) I know it was still a light Regt but not The Rifles, Please can anyone help, as google has let me down.

Steve J

From memory wargames Illustrated did a piece on this battle. Might be worth checking their website just in case there is some info there...

raykey

Found it in WI 306 but.....its not one of the articles on web,

Kiwidave

Leman

Just had a look at issue 306, which shows the painting of Maj.Pierson of the 95th having been shot. the facings appear to be yellow.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Leman

Having said that it is difficult to make out. Their flag appears to be a faded yellow, so the facings could be buff. The article does not actually mention the colour facings of the three British units present.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Ithoriel

"British Army Uniforms of the American Revolution 1751-1783" by Carl Franklin says:

- the 95th Regiment of Foot (Reid's) facings were buff.

- officers' lace and buttons were silver. Other ranks lace was white.

- coats were laced with 10, evenly spaced, square loops.

- all ranks wore fringed wings.

Not a period I'm interested in so no idea how accurate the book is but hope this helps none the less.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data