WTF!

Started by Leman, 17 September 2014, 04:36:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leman

Quote from Neil Thomas' new book, 'One-Hour Wargames.'

"Old Glory......are most famous for manufacturing the LARGEST SELECTION of 10mm miniatures currently available." This from the section of useful addresses - needless to say Pendraken does not get a mention. Go Figure! The Old Glory 10mm Russian SYW army is amazing  :d :d :d!
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Sandinista

The Old Glory 10mm Russian SYW army is almost as good as The Old Glory 10mm League of Augsburg range

Hertsblue

I have several units of Old Glory WSS figures, but by and large I wouldn't use them again - except, perhaps, the generals. The poses are a bit wooden and the cast flags are pretty awful.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

DanJ

The OG 10mm ancients range is pretty extensive, I've got maybe a dozen armies which are totaly or predominantly OG.

But the omission of Pendraken is hard to understand.

Dave Fielder

Pendraken? Never heard of them. What do they do? Plastic 28mm Space Cadets or something ....
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

fsn

Brethren of the Forum!

We (the grapes in the Pendraken hemorrhoid) are up in arms about nothing! Gentlemen, I think that your rituals would be somewhat akin to mine. There is the ritual cleansing, the calming of the aura, the lighting of the four pure candles, and the dressing in the approved underwear and white gloves. Then one may draw out the sacred figures and lay them in the prescribed patterns, and recite the songs of praise to the Dark Lord and thankfulness for his works - these take a bit longer now with the added verses revering Milady. Then one has the ceremonial libation, and I must confess that at that point the emotion usually gets me and I have to sit in a darkened corner and compose myself. 

Once that has been done, then one can actually get some wargaming done. The book is called "One-hour Wargames." It takes an hour in preparation and appreciation of Pendraken figures - you'd have to use Old Glory figures to get started in that time! 
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

Like I said, WTF?  ;D ;D ;D
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

nikharwood

Last Hussar

I don't think they do Centurions.
I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Hertsblue

Fsn, I don't think the neck-tourniquet was an awfully good idea.....
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

toxicpixie

"You tied a tourniquet around his neck, Doctor?!"

It's ok, he keeps his brains in his stomach...

Bonus points for the book...
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Maenoferren

Quote from: Last Hussar on 13 October 2014, 09:25:38 PM
I don't think they do Centurions.

Bit of a rubbish range if they don't do centurions in their Roman army.
Pah!
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!