Early War Franco-German Battle

Started by Bernie, 15 September 2014, 10:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fenton

oops I just saw that you mentioned the ruleset in your original post
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Bernie

For all those gamers out there - I will be putting on a game at SELWG in October.

Should be able to do at least two games: German v French & a German v Anglo-French

See http://realtimewargames.webplus.net/index.html for future updates

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Fenton

Quick question

What would each stand represent?...A company or battalion? or something else?

cheers
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Bernie

1 base = 500 bayonets so approx. 2 coys or 300 sabres or 2 squadrons or 12 guns =  a couple of batteries or 3 French batteries

fred.

Had a chance to have a proper look at the photos now (after a quick look before work this morning). Really good looking game, as others have said the factory complex is particularly nice.

Interesting that these rules are a slight step up in size from GWSH (which has each stand representing a single company), and has a ground scale of 10" = 800 yards, so about half again, compared to HBtLF.

2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Fenton

Quote from: Bernie on 16 September 2014, 10:33:42 PM
1 base = 500 bayonets so approx. 2 coys or 300 sabres or 2 squadrons or 12 guns =  a couple of batteries or 3 French batteries

So that would mean 2 stands per battalion then?

Poggle

Great stuff!  :) I really like that industrial set-up.  =D>

Bernie

Hi Fenton

Yep 2 bases = 1 battalion. The unit is the regt of 6 bases for Franco-Germans and 8 bases for a British Brigade

mollinary

Bernie,

This looks great, particularly Keith's terrain pieces and those lovely German flags!  Glad to hear the business is going well, I love the innovative thinking in all your rule sets.

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Bernie

Hi Mollinary

Yes there is a second mine complex and he is just doing some roads for SELWG while I complete the figures

German flags are of course yours!

Thanks for your nice comments - I will let Keith know

mollinary

Hi Bernie,

Not just the terrain and flags are great, of course, but the concept. This is what I think  your group brings to the gaming fraternity - you analyse the key components of a period, and produce simple yet elegant rules to reflect that, both at the campaign and battle level. Your rules are tremendous value for money, and deserve a much wider audience.

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

nikharwood

Bernie

Hi Mollinary

After those kind comments - what can I say - "cheque is in the post!"

Hope to see you and John at SELWG?

Bernie

See below for link to some pictures from SELWG 2014 of our early Great War game using Pendraken figures.

We did two battles:

2 Active German Corps v 2 French Corps and a cavalry division. Germans winning after 3 hours gaming losing 4,000 to 12,000 French

Active German Corps, Reserve Germans Corps and a cavalry division v 2 British Corps. The German Reserve Corps could make no headway against the British left, but the Active corps was able to give a good account of itself against the British right. Losses were 6,000 Germans v 4,000 British

http://s1213.photobucket.com/user/BernardGanley/slideshow/Home%20by%20Christmas%20Early%20WWI%20Armies%20in%2010mm/SELWG%20Home%20Before%20the%20Leaves%20Fall