Last post for a while.

Started by Techno, 15 September 2014, 02:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hertsblue

Relax, I am not Big Brother, except to my three step-brothers.  ;) (From How to write clumsy English by Strue Innit)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

petercooman

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Runcorn closed - Centurion on Rampage. Cheshire Police trying to control by warrant.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

I.....Techno the Heliotrope have returned.
Now I've  go to work out how to use this new machine....Properly.

At least this is a start !

Cheers - Phil

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Ithoriel

Glad to see you back Techno!

Remember if you get stuck just ask here and you'll get .... a whole lot of incomprehensible advice :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

WeeWars

Welcome back, Phil! And may your hard drive always have plenty of free space.
← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fsn

He has returned!  Praise be to the Dark Lord that he has let the now slightly over-red one come amongst us once more.

Welcome back. I suppose that means I can't use your signoff anymore. Well, maybe once more for old times sake.

Cheers, Phil.

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Welcome back, you have been missed  :)

There's a large pile of coats that need sorting  ;D
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Great to be back team ! :)

I managed to lurk a bit (without signing in)....The last time I tried to log in on the old machine, it went BER-SERK......Then Norton switched itself off...So I was using the net and mails VERY sparingly.

Windows 8 is going to take a little getting used to !....As is this new keyboard....I keep hitting Ctrl instead of the shift key.....Bloody thing.... it seems to be a noticeably different size !

Quick question.....With the all singing/all dancing machine and the new router...am I to assume I'm connected to the net full time unless the PC is switched off ?...Seems to be the case. :-\
Have to sort out a new search engine.....I think I'm just using 'Bing' at the mo',.......and that seems a bit temperamental.

Thanks for keeping the 'sign off' warm, fsn......And s*d the bloody coats !.....You mean to tell me nobody's been keeping a check on those ? ;)
Cheers - Phil

Leon

Quote from: Techno on 13 October 2014, 08:09:55 PM
Quick question.....With the all singing/all dancing machine and the new router...am I to assume I'm connected to the net full time unless the PC is switched off ?...Seems to be the case. :-\

If it's all new kit, then you're probably connected even when the PC is turned off!   :D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno

That's what I was presuming......So when the PC gets switched off, so does the power to the whole shebang....Including the router. ;)
Bloody cheek, this morning.....It asked me for a password before I started. Lucky I could remember that !

Now I've got to find where they've hidden the recycle bin, so I can restore one of the photo's of the gee-gees that Mrs Techno deleted by accident last night. ;D ;D ;D ;D

What I'm finding a tad different, is that you seem to HAVE to be connected to the net to find anything out re the system itself, as there's absolutely NO help programmes actually installed on the hard drive, which I'd have found more 'user friendly. (For goodness sake, the hard drive is so massive compared to the old one.... Why didn't they do that ?)

Where are the silly games ?...Oh...you have to download those..(typical)..But you still can't get at them unless you're connected to the net again.
I shall buy a disc of simple card games from Amazon, and put them on the hard drive. Take that, Microsoft. ;D ;D ;D

Cheers - Phil (I still don't like this keyboard.....It's too small.)

Hertsblue

QuoteCheers - Phil (I still don't like this keyboard.....It's too small.)

Get yourself a full-size remote keyboard, Phil. Just plug the little gizmo into a serial port and off you go. You can wander around the room with the keyboard if the mood takes you.

Oh, and welcome back. It's been a strain maintaining sanity without your calming presence.  :)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net