WWI Ulhans

Started by sfumato, 01 September 2014, 03:02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfumato

Our group is working on an early WWI project and we were wondering/hoping that you are going to add a generic dismounted ulhan to the range. Are there currently any dismounted ulhans in another range that I might have overlooked?

Leman

Hello Sfumato and welcome to the forum. Are you not happy with dismounted hussars and dismounted dragoons? All the German cavalry carried lances at this stage. However, if you look at the Irregular 10mm site, you will come across an unhorsed, wounded Uhlan being helped to the dressing station by an accommodating infantryman.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

paulr

The Uhlan have the most distinctive of various German cavalry helmets, similar to a czapska. So a dismounted figure would be nice.
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

You're quite right Paul, especially as my German army boasts the old uhlan castings. Some dismounteds would liven things up.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!