Do we need a Medical subsection ???

Started by Orcs, 22 August 2014, 11:57:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulr

Quote from: Last Hussar on 23 August 2014, 11:53:35 AM
I know its different, but I was off work with stress (properly - Had a note).  I found the worse bit was my self image - I felt a fraud, because I didn't have a bandage/wound/etc. I went back after 2 weeks, after a couple of days my boss casually enquired 'Are you ok?" and I just burst out crying.  He sent me straight home- no questioning and I ended up taking a full month off.

Quite a few years ago I had "stress induced glucose intolerance"  :-\, it was very interesting how differently people reacted to that compared to someone with "stress" ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ace of Spades

On Wulf's gallstones; had them too! Got the whole bladder removed and though I've heard horror stories about the possible complications afterwards (complete with people dying from them!) I actually had a walk in the park... Got the bladder removed at about 09:30 under full aneastethics, was eating a sandwich with coffee at 12:00 and had a full portion of pork with mashed potatoes at 17:30! At the same moment the surgeon who operated on me walked in and he was amazed... All he said was 'Well sir... if it feels alright; please finish your meal, just don't overdo it...' and so I finished it! Also; have been eating everything I wanted since, no problem what so ever.
Only have some slight pain when sitting leaning over for a long time (painting for example) from a small bit of scar tissue that formed afterwards but that's really it.
If you can have like I had I'd say get the thing out a.s.a.p.

Cheers,
Rob
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Wulf

Quote from: Ace of Spades on 23 August 2014, 11:44:27 PMIf you can have like I had I'd say get the thing out a.s.a.p.
Well, at the moment I avoid fatty dairy products. Frankly, I should be avoiding fatty everything a bit more... So I'll keep my insides inside, thanks...

Nosher

Quote from: Rob on 23 August 2014, 02:27:00 PM
Classy Cas for the cup!  :) :)

Seventh Heaven, Marching on Together.

The tigers were a bit toothless except for a ten minute spell at the start of the second half...
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Hertsblue

Quote from: Wulf on 24 August 2014, 12:19:15 AM
Well, at the moment I avoid fatty dairy products. Frankly, I should be avoiding fatty everything a bit more... So I'll keep my insides inside, thanks...

Yeah, me too. Pure hell for a registered cheese addict.  :'(
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

fsn

Fortunately, due to a dyslexic dietician, I only have to avoid recording my daily activities. Yes, I am diary free.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Last Hussar

Well, this thread took longer to degenerate than normal.
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

DanJ

Orcs

Quote from: DanJ on 11 September 2014, 05:00:50 PM
I think I'm coming down with a cold  >:(

It which case to reverse the trend you need to "get it up with a hottie"

Attendant!!  - My coat please   ;D

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

You called, Sir ?
Sorry I'm a bit slow.....My back hurts !
I wish sheep would keep bloody still when you're trying to clean fly eggs out of their feet.
(Well.....this is the medical subsection, isn't it ?)
Cheers - Phil

petercooman

hmmmm medical subsection eh  :-\

Well can't complain right now, hiatus hernia sort of under control, and haven't had a migraine attack since december 2013. And i got so used  to the pills i stopped forgetting them al the time.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner