A few WSS

Started by lekw, 04 August 2014, 10:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikharwood

Nicely done  8)

Quote from: lekw on 08 September 2014, 02:40:13 AM
The figures are a real joy to paint and I am just sorry I can't do them justice with my slap on color approach.

They look fine - you *could* take 'em quickly to the next level with a simple wash: it would add immediate depth & lift...and takes no time at all  :)

Leman

If you do then make sure it settles only in the creases when doing units like Austrians and French.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

lekw

Thanks all, yes i have been experimenting with giving the figures washes. The new unit I painted was done with a wash and while I am still working on the technique I think they look good. Hopefully I can get everything photographed in a few weeks.

Leman

Thanks for sharing. All the best with your WSS project.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

paulr

You *could* also have your flags flapping a bit. I bend them round a paint brush handle as I glue them on. Adds a sense of movement.

A couple of examples here http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,8883.msg122656.html#msg122656
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

lekw

Thanks for the advice on the flags. I do tend to bend them must have forgot when putting these on. Really nice looking figures!!!

paulr

Quote from: lekw on 08 September 2014, 11:46:31 PM
Thanks for the advice on the flags. I do tend to bend them must have forgot when putting these on. Really nice looking figures!!!

Your welcome, a bugger when that happens. Thanks for the kind words, the wash really helps add depth :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!