Jungle for Nam

Started by Derk G, 25 July 2010, 05:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Derk G

I'm looking at making some jungle for vietnam. Basically I am thinking of having sections of approx 10-15cm square that combine to make the jungle parts of the table.

I plan on buying a load of smaller and larger trees to make up the bulk and throw in some palm trees to give it a more oriental feel.

What I think is missing is undergrowth. I'd prefer to have ferns and such, but don't think that's feasible.

Any ideas for making visually appealing undergrowth for vietnam jungle?

nikharwood

I use a load of lichen in / around the trees as a scatter to bulk it all out...have a look here:

http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=710.0

It also means you can shift it around easily enough to position your figures.

alanl

Search online pet shops: there are various types of aquarium plastic plants which make excellent undergrowth at a very reasonable price.  They are made to sit on the bottom of the aqaurium and come in sheets which can be cut up into various shapes.

Also, plastic and fibre door mats can be cut up to provide long grass.

Derk G

Nik, Thanks for the link, looks like a nice terrain. However what I am aiming for is something that gets the message of dense jungle terrain across more than that. Not sure if what I am aiming for is practically feasible though ;)

Alan, we have used aquarium plants and the like for 25mm games, but those that I know would look really over-sized for 10mm. Or are there smaller ones I'm not aware of?

Maenoferren

clump foliage, might do lots of colours mixed up... noch do some leaf foliage which is a big sheet of it, you rip off what you need. Then I have some little clumps of stuff on a sticky back which cost me 3 euros but doenst have on what they are called then there is the woodland scenics stuff which might give you some ideas... hopefully this helps
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!