Winterisedishtype Prussians

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 05 August 2014, 09:15:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

What ho chaps!
I've had a pack of Winter Peussians that I 'inherited' at the same time as my Wurttenbergers (about 5 year ago). All my other Prussians are in Summer dress and basing. Any suggestions? Really don't want to have to start all 12 Corps again in winter order too!!
Any units attack at Gravelotte/Saint Privat in trench coats?
Puzzled.  :-\
ML
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

mollinary

Quote from: mad lemmey on 05 August 2014, 09:15:06 AM
What ho chaps!
I've had a pack of Winter Peussians that I 'inherited' at the same time as my Wurttenbergers (about 5 year ago). All my other Prussians are in Summer dress and basing. Any suggestions? Really don't want to have to start all 12 Corps again in winter order too!!
Any units attack at Gravelotte/Saint Privat in trench coats?
Puzzled.  :-\
ML

Nope!  E bay or the Russian front may be your best solutions!   :D
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

toxicpixie

Paint & sell :)

Good practise, and a bit of cash never hurts :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Duke Speedy of Leighton

But what sized bases should I put them on (mine are quite 'niche' at 3" by 3")?
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

toxicpixie

Erm, yes. Fire & Fury size-ish? Either that or a larger single regiment sized one!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Leman

Have some troops in great coats to break up the monotony.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

toxicpixie

Or don't base them - pop a piccy on the auction of other basing you've done and say "if you want them based, email me post auction with details and cost will be XXX extra"?

nikharwood

Quote from: Dour Puritan on 06 August 2014, 07:10:36 AM
Have some troops in great coats to break up the monotony.

Yep.

Quote from: toxicpixie on 06 August 2014, 09:50:28 AM
Or don't base them - pop a piccy on the auction of other basing you've done and say "if you want them based, email me post auction with details and cost will be XXX extra"?

Or this.  :)

julesav

Paint them up and buy Danes to oppose them for the 1864 Schleswig-Holstein War.

Leman

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Leman

julesav

As owner of a Danish 1864 army I'm proud to have tempted someone else over to the very obscure 'Dark side' of gaming - the Schleswig Holstein wars! Lol!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Okay,
Sources needed now...
Mollinary. Camerionian. I know you guys will set up here.

mollinary

Mike Embree's  "Bismarck's First War"  and Bruce Weigle's 1859, which includes rules and scenarios for 1864.  Prussian Army for the War:

A composite corps consisting of 6th and 12th Divisions. In addition an ad hoc division of Guards.  Two cavalry Brigades, and a hodge podge of artillery, in four, six, and eight guns batteries, including 6pdr and 12pdr smoothbores, 7pdr howitzers, 6pdr rifles, and one battery of 4pdr rifles.  Infantry regiments are 35,7.  24,64. 13,53.  15,55.  7 Jäger Btn.    7 Dragoons
           Cavalry regiments   3H, 6K.   8H, 4K.

Guards:   3,4 Foot Guards.    3,4 Guard Grenadiers.    Guard Hussars.

So a bit of an opportunity to blood a lot of the new boys from the post 1861 regiments, with a stiffening of earlier ones.

Over to Cameronian!  Uniforms, pretty much as 1866.

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!