ACW website photo's

Started by Ace of Spades, 02 August 2014, 01:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace of Spades

At this moment I'm working the whole ACW range to be painted for the website.
Leon said it was okay to keep you all informed on the progress so here we go!
Todays pictures don't look like much but all different figures/vehicles/guns per ACW set/code have been cleaned, based and give their first basecoat in white.
Pictures were made quickly with my Phone so nothing special yet.
Next step will be all Union infantry and Artillery crews with the exception of Zouaves and special bits. After that I'll do the same with the Confederates, then the Zouaves etc. After that all cavalry and Generals and last all guns and wagons/limbers. Hope to get it all done before the end of september. We'll see  ;)
I'll try to keep you all informed along the way and if you have any questions or comments feel free to share them!

Cheers,
Rob

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Subedai

That lot should keep you going for a while.
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

General Bt Sherman

Wargame or Die!

2012 Painting Competition - Winner!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: Subedai on 02 August 2014, 02:37:16 PM
That lot should keep you going for a while.
No - no more than a week - least for me.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Steve J

A noble and useful enterprise, that's for sure. Look forward to seeing progress shots, even though it's not a period I'm interested in.

Techno

Really looking forward to seeing these progress, Rob !
Cheers - Phil

paulr

Certainly plenty of figure variety ;D
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ace of Spades

Absolutely enough variety; that's one of the things that makes this so interesting!
Plus the fact that I love the ACW but haven't got anyone to pay it with in 10mm so this is the perfect opportunity to get to paint  them anyway. :D

Cheers,
Rob

kev1964

Really looking forward to seeing those Rob,

kev
2013 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!

Leman

I game ACW in 15mm and 6mm but I am really looking forward to seeing the finished articles.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Hertsblue

At least by painting one of everything you'll get some variety. Looking forward to seeing the finished results.  :)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Bunny

Love these figures and I have hundreds of them and more coming!

Collecting both sides as hardly anyone does 10mm at my club which is great shame as I think they look stunning.

Also doing Leauge of Augsburg, both sides.  Great sculpts and can't for the range to be added to!

fred.

Is that one of everything in the range? Or do you have duplicates of some of the infantry?

It will be cool to have all of these on the website. Even though this isn't my period, I can see several interesting items - I think there is a huge mortar on the right hand edge of the first photo, and some of the wagons and limbers may bear further investigation.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

nikharwood

Cool - looking forward to seeing these done  :)

Ace of Spades

Yep, it's going to be one figure of each in a set; there are some duplicates in the range overall but not many.
There is a siege mortar with crew included which I really like too! The limbers are actually the same as for example the British in the Boer War range and the Caisson is based on this limber too. I have agreed with Leon to make a more 'typical' ACW limber and caisson in between painting so we'll see how that works out in the end.

Cheers,
Rob