Brand New TOP 10 Requests for 2014!

Started by Leon, 28 June 2014, 03:09:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

Japanese are tricky. Most ranges are for the Momoyama era and don't look at all right for the Mongol invasions (the difference is about Marston Moor to the Somme).
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Orcs

Quote from: John Cook on 03 July 2014, 12:26:13 PM
I really like the idea of WW1 as a 'project' but until somebody brings out a comprehensive trench system in 10mm it remains an idea - something like the stuff Kerr & King do.     

You could dop worse than look at teh Ironclad 15mm trench system.

http://ironcladminiatures.com/en/12-15mm-trenches

They take 30 x 30 squares which is what my WW2 figures are based on. Hightwise they look ok. You have to steer away from the bumkers and the AT/Artillery positions, but the MG position and the generic trench sections look ok

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

urbancohort

Like the suggestions for Arab-Israeli campaigns and more modern figures.

I would like to see:

Cowboys
Neo-Assyrian Army with suitable opponents
Riot Police and rioters
One should try everything in life, except for incest and folk-dancing....

John Cook

Quote from: Just a few Orcs on 12 July 2014, 08:34:52 PM
You could dop worse than look at teh Ironclad 15mm trench system.

http://ironcladminiatures.com/en/12-15mm-trenches

They take 30 x 30 squares which is what my WW2 figures are based on. Hightwise they look ok. You have to steer away from the bumkers and the AT/Artillery positions, but the MG position and the generic trench sections look ok

Thanks for that.  They're a company I hadn't heard of before. 

Noor

It was mentioned in 2013 that the sculptor was keen to do Indian Mutiny figures but that other projects needed to be attended to first.  From this I inferred, perhaps incorrectly, that there was an intention to produce such figures but it would take some time.  Now the Indian Mutiny has made it into the number 1 position in requests but no mention was made as to if any figures will be produced.  Is their any intention to produce Indian Mutiny figures and if so is there any idea when this might happen?  I realize that a stating definitive production date is impossible given the many demands of running a business but a rough guess would be appreciated.     

FierceKitty

Quote from: urbancohort on 13 July 2014, 09:43:46 PM
Like the suggestions for Arab-Israeli campaigns and more modern figures.

I would like to see:

Cowboys
Neo-Assyrian Army with suitable opponents
Riot Police and rioters

Agree about Assyrians, but there's competition, since Newlines is working on a range. Some other types, now, are quite uncontested....

Hertsblue

Quote from: FierceKitty on 27 July 2014, 05:56:53 AM
Agree about Assyrians, but there's competition, since Newlines is working on a range. Some other types, now, are quite uncontested....

There is a reason for that.......
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

FierceKitty

The wretched things are available in every other scale!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

I'll change my signature ifun youes keeps it up once and for all - NO BLOODY AXTECS....

IanS  ;)
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leon

Quote from: Noor on 27 July 2014, 05:46:54 AM
It was mentioned in 2013 that the sculptor was keen to do Indian Mutiny figures but that other projects needed to be attended to first.  From this I inferred, perhaps incorrectly, that there was an intention to produce such figures but it would take some time.  Now the Indian Mutiny has made it into the number 1 position in requests but no mention was made as to if any figures will be produced.  Is their any intention to produce Indian Mutiny figures and if so is there any idea when this might happen?  I realize that a stating definitive production date is impossible given the many demands of running a business but a rough guess would be appreciated.     

We did have a handful of sculpts done, but then the sculptor had to go on to some WW1 work for the centenary.  We will be going back and finishing the range off, but we'll need to get through some more of the Napoleonic nations first I think.  Timewise, it'll be well into 2015.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Noor

Thanks Leon, good to know.  I am doing a demonstration game but it will just have to wait a while.  Looking forward to your Indian Mutiny figures in 2015.

Leman

You know how I didn't respond to the non-kickstarter Mongols. Well I'm definitely responding to SYW Ottomans.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Hertsblue

"Non-kickstarter Mongols" - are they part of the Wild Bunch?
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

howayman

Well they could be electric start Mongols. The key is Gengis

Ace of Spades

Must say that all things 'colonial' sound interesting to me so Indian Mutiny could be something I would be interested in :-\ (or; hard to keep away from!)
Yom-Kippur; yes please! Especially with all the improved Israƫli hardware including M3/M5 Halftracks, Super Shermans etc.!

Cheers,
Rob
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!