1940 French Armour

Started by realthing, 22 June 2014, 07:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

realthing

Some pictures of a mix of French armour to support my 1940 infantry platoon as required:

Char B (GR 27)

Somua S35 (FRE 1)

Hotchkiss H35 (FRE 2)

Panhard AMD 178 (FRE 13)

Decals are 1/600 WW II aircraft roundels from Dom's Decals. There's a real need for some 10mm French decals to add more colour (Bit small for self-printing and cutting out)

Thanks for looking by. Some Renault R35 and Chenilette UE still to do.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

fred.

Nice work.

I picked up a set of playing card decals off Leon at Phalanx the other week. They are Decal Details FR101, they are nominally 15mm but should work fine, I've not had chance to try them on any of my French armour yet.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Fenton

If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Ithoriel

Nice stuff. Hope to see the others when they're done too.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Techno

8)
Like 'em !
Cheers - Phil

Hertsblue

Nicely done. The Char B is an impressive little beastie.  8)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

If you want some more markings the Char B carried the platoon commander's second name initial on the turret sides and rear plate. Not all tanks had the roundels, and you can get away with crude ones, many were added during the campaign.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

FierceKitty

Don't forget the serial issue number on each link in the tread, and do get it in the right shade of titanium white.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

have did the letters in 6mm, Z is the start of a lot of French surnames, long wit A, E, F, M, N, L, and W
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leman

Lovely work. I must admit that when I see French armour I can only think ..... if only.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

realthing

Many thanks to all for the encouraging comments and the decal hints. I saw the Phalanx 15mm decals at Salute and should have picked up a set but didn't do so for some reason. It would still be nice to have some in 10mm for the smaller vehicles. Even the number plates in 10mm would add a bit of extra interest.... More photos to follow when I get the next batch done.

realthing

Latest additions to my small but varied collection of 1940 French armour are these two Renault UE Chenillettes and trailers (FRE4). The loads in the trailer were added by me; the basic model is empty so I just threw in whatever I had to hand.