IS-3 tank arrives!

Started by Leon, 12 June 2014, 02:48:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

This one arrived from our other vehicle designer this week, and a lovely little model it is as well!   Over 2,000 of these were produced, used by the Soviet Union, Egypt, Israel and South Ossetia! 

[/url]

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Ric

That's awesome! I've always wondered, what material do your vehicle sculptors use to create these?

Steve J

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Very nice, should kill Cents very well.....

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

toxicpixie

I have absolutely no use for this, and I want one anyway :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Hertsblue

The Israelis certainly had a lot of trouble with them in 1967. This one seems to belong to the 3rd Marzipan Tank Regiment. (but a smashing little model for all that).
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Techno

What an absolutely CRACKING wee tank ! =D> :-bd
Cheers - Phil

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leon

Quote from: Ric on 12 June 2014, 07:28:16 AM
I've always wondered, what material do your vehicle sculptors use to create these?

For vehicles like these it's almost always plasticard, as it's easier to work with for straight line work.  The turret on this one is several layered sheets all filed down to a smooth finish.  I'm not sure if there's a reason behind the differing colours, maybe it's easier to see the contours with the contrast?  I'll have to ask the chap when we speak to him next.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

petercooman

Fenton

GHQ posted this a while ago, might give you some idea

If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Hertsblue

If that's GHQ then it's probably 1:285th. Wow!
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net