Football World Cup 2014

Started by fsn, 08 June 2014, 08:25:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you feel abut the impending football world cup?

Great! I've been looking forward to this for 4 years!
3 (12.5%)
I'm going to watch every match!
2 (8.3%)
I'll catch a few games
9 (37.5%)
Oh no! Not that again!
7 (29.2%)
The football what now?
3 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Voting closed: 15 June 2014, 08:25:20 AM

Leon

I'm going to try and get a few early finishes from work and catch some of the games.  I can't see far beyond a Brazil win, playing at home in a climate they're used to.  I think the European teams are going to struggle in the heat and humidity.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

JimLeCat

Skiving off work to watch the football? Don't let the boss catch you! (Adele, that is!) ;D

fsn

I'm bored with the whole thing already.

My local cinema is showing films fro the ladies when the footie is on. So my choices seem to be football or chick flick.

:(
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

Quote from: fsn on 09 June 2014, 04:14:43 PM
I'm bored with the whole thing already.

My local cinema is showing films fro the ladies when the footie is on. So my choices seem to be football or chick flick.

:(

Chick Flick every time. There again, I have a Cineworld Unlimited card and am not averse to going off on my own to a chick flick at the best of times. My friends will tell you that I have no taste when it comes to movies and will watch pretty much any genre except horror.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

SV52

I was wondering why the telly had gone all shy on the WC, then I realized that guess who had been beaten   :d
"The time has come, the walrus said..."

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

GordonY

Who was that? My team won the other night, I was supporting Italy  :D

A Geordie mate of mine once told "You Jocks are lucky B*ST*RDS, you get two teams in the World Cup, Scotland and anyone else who's playing England!"

Wouldn't be so funny if it weren't true.

Matt J

Quoteyou get two teams

really  :-\ isn't it just one  :D
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Subedai

Reading this thread -late I know but I've been on me hols- I've just found out the meaning of apathy. I will watch all of the big team games and some of the smaller ones as well for the next three weeks as I have done every four years since the glory days of 1966. So is my son and even Ma Subs is slowly coming round to our way of thinking. Mind you, in her defence, she will always watch an England game.

You lot.  :o :o ;)
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Techno

Have to admit, I've already seen more than I was expecting to.

Of my 'four teams with the best chance to win' before the competition started, I've only been really impressed by Germany.
Brazil & Argentina were OK, but not as good as I thought they'd be......Spain ?.....Oh dear. oh dear ! (Well, I suppose they lost their first game last time and then went on to win...Be surprised if they repeat that !)

Holland though !.....Blimey ! :-bd

Cheers - Phil

Fenton

Quote from: Techno on 16 June 2014, 10:10:14 PM

Holland though !.....Blimey ! :-bd

Cheers - Phil

Careful Phil, I know lots of people from the Netherlands that would get irate at you calling them Holland
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Ithoriel

So ... this football thing .... has it started yet?
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Techno

Quote from: Fenton on 16 June 2014, 10:11:47 PM
Careful Phil, I know lots of people from the Netherlands that would get irate at you calling them Holland

Apologies if that's a real "No-No" to our friends over there.  :-[
Cheers - Phil

Quote from: Ithoriel on 16 June 2014, 11:58:33 PM
So ... this football thing .... has it started yet?

Not properly, I.
Cheers - Phil

fsn

He needed that talk from a Netherlandish Uncle.

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Hertsblue

Only managed to catch one game so far - Greece getting rightfully stuffed by the Columbians. Wouldn't write off the Spanish just yet, though.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

FierceKitty

Football - is that the one with the big "H" things at the end of the field, or the one with the tall black men with orange balls?
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.