North London Wargames Group

Started by Hertsblue, 07 June 2014, 10:39:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zippee

Quote from: Hertsblue on 08 June 2014, 03:05:31 PM

Not sure what we're up to on the 21st. I will consult with the lads and let you know.

Turned out to be 1859 on the 29th - and the travel was no problem, could have lived without the mini-deluge but not to worry.

Very enjoyable afternoon, thanks to all - I'll come back assuming you'll have me  :D

monty-of-the-desert

Can you bring less trains next time please?

Hertsblue

Be glad to see you, Zippee. You certainly brought a fresh vision to our game.  :-bd
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Zippee

I suspect the trains are always like that - you must have been late  ;D

Just to recap on stuff I have / rules I play - in the interests of full disclosure  8)

1/3000   GQ Fleet Action Imminent   WWI Naval: Germany, Britain and 1905 Russia v Japan
1/3000   GQ General Quarters III      WWII Naval: Germany, Italy, Britain, Japan, France, Greece, Romania, Yugoslavia, Norway, Netherlands, Poland (USN unpainted)
1/600     TFL Bag the Hun                WWII Air: Mostly Mediterranean and Naval orientated
6mm      Baroque                            ECW and GNW (based for Polemos but waiting on Baroque full release)
6mm      Le Feu Sacre                      Napoleonic (Central Europe 1798-1809) - unbelievably still incomplete  :o (just finished Warsaw: 36 battalions, 6 regiments, 11 batteries, I hate czapkas  :()
6mm      I Ain't Been Shot Mum        WWII: Western Desert, Mediterranean and Russia 1940-41 (smattering of later stuff)
10mm    GW Battle of Five Armies     Two boxed sets plus all the extras, rarely gets out
10mm    Blackpowder/Maurice          SYW & FIW
10mm    Blackpowder/Lasalle            Napoleonic (France 1809 - Austria) still a  WIP
10mm    If the Lord Spares Us          WWI (Middle East) also rarely gets out
15mm    Impetus                            Ancients-Medieval (including some fantasy)
15mm    IABSM/PBI                        WWII: Normandy 44 (British, German) small collection (individually based also used for Chain of Command and/or Bolt Action)
28mm    GW LotR                           Lots of stuff (lots still to paint as well)
28mm    In Her Majesty's Name       Painted on a  whim - never been played

I'll ignore the unstarted projects (in more ways than one)  8)

Happy to bring / introduce anyone to any of that or just play what's at the club.

Thanks again for a pleasant Sunday afternoon, good game in good company with lively discussion

Hertsblue

Hi Zippee,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

On a personal note, I'm a sucker for SYW or large-scale Napoleonics. I've never played Black Powder, but I understand the underlying system is similar to Hail Caesar, which I have played. As a general rule I play anything from the Renaissance to moderns and naval and aerial too, and I'm open to new ideas/rules. Obviously, others in the club will have their own preferences/biases but we're pretty catholic as far as tastes go.

I, personally, can provide:

15mm  DBR                               Poles, Ottoman Turks, Dutch, Italian Wars French and Imperials, ECW Royalists and Parliamentarians, Muslim Indians.
10mm  Corporal John                  WSS French 22 Bns, Imperials 24 Bns, Allied (Brits, Dutch, Danish, Germans) 20 Bns
15mm  Fusilier                            SYW Prussians 36 Bns, Austrians 31 Bns, French 51 Bns, Hanoverian/Brunswickers 15 Bns.
15mm  Fusilier                            Napoleonic French 45 Bns in 4 Divisions, Austrian Line Corps of 3 Divisions, Prussian 20 Bns in 2 Brigades, Russians 1 Division (12 Bns)
10mm  Voice of the Guns            1859 French II Corps, Austrian V Corps
10mm  Voice of the Guns            1866 Prussian 1st Division, Austrian 2 Brigades VIII Corps, Saxon 2nd Division
15mm  Voice of the Guns            1914 German 35 Infantry Division, Russian 1st Brigade 6th Infantry Division,
1/300  Panzerschlacht                 1941 Barbarossa 3 & 4 Panzer Divisions, Soviet 2 Tank Brigades + supporting units (originally based for Corps Commander)
1/300  Panzerschlacht                 1942 Western Desert British 10th Armoured Division, German 21 Panzer Division (originally based for Corps Commander)
10mm  FOW                              1943 Kursk Various - see previous posts.
15mm  FOW                              1944 Northern France British/US/German Various
10mm  FOW                              1944 Burma Japanese 2 Inf Companies, 1 support company, Anglo-Indians 2 Infantry companies + armour.
1/300  Torrent of Steel               1972 Yom Kippur Isreali Armoured Brigade Yossi, Egyptian 4th Armoured Division (organised as for Corps Commander)
1/300  Torrent of Steel               1986 Soviet 25th Guards Motor Rifle Division, US Black Horse Regiment (RHQ, 2 Combat Sq, Artillery Bn, + helos)
1/2400 ?                                   1916 German Fleet (all the dreadnoughts + support), British Fleet (all the dreadnoughts + support)
1/3000 ?                                   1941 Japanese Fleet 10CV, 10BB, 17CA, 13CL, 47DD, US Fleet 5CV, 2CVE, 13BB, 2BC, 17CA, 10CL, 61DD
Various other bits and pieces, including 2 American Football teams and a grid-iron pitch. If you don't recognise the rules it's because they're my own - but as I say, we're open to new ideas.

Likewise we're happy to see anyone you care to bring along. Suggest you drop me  an e-mail when you're coming. Or if you have an e-mail address I'll put you on the distribution list.

www.rulesdepot.net

Leman

Quote from: Zippee on 29 June 2014, 08:09:42 PM
Turned out to be 1859 on the 29th - and the travel was no problem, could have lived without the mini-deluge but not to worry.

Very enjoyable afternoon, thanks to all - I'll come back assuming you'll have me  :D
Today however is 1866 and the enemy are now Prussians.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Minenfeld

I still use Mr Tulk's AWI rules. My favourite for the period !

Zippee

Quote from: Hertsblue on 04 July 2014, 11:45:32 AM
Hi Zippee,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

On a personal note, I'm a sucker for SYW or large-scale Napoleonics. I've never played Black Powder, but I understand the underlying system is similar to Hail Caesar, which I have played. As a general rule I play anything from the Renaissance to moderns and naval and aerial too, and I'm open to new ideas/rules. Obviously, others in the club will have their own preferences/biases but we're pretty catholic as far as tastes go.

Good stuff - lots of naval as well, shame about the scale gaff  :D

I'm no expert on Blackpowder - played it once or twice (never played Hail Caesar).

I'll have to introduce you to LFS and/or IABSM I think - I'm away for a week or so but then we should look at gaming opportunities.

I'll drop you a PM with my email

Sorry this is late replying - only just got the topic update (the forum seems to be having "issues")

Hertsblue

Quote from: Minenfeld on 06 August 2014, 09:05:53 PM
I still use Mr Tulk's AWI rules. My favourite for the period !

Mr Tulk is still amongst us, I'm glad to report.

www.rulesdepot.net

Minenfeld

Do the club still use them Hert ?

Hertsblue

We haven't used them for a while, M. But then, we haven't played AWI for a while either. Just the whims of fashion, I guess.

www.rulesdepot.net

monty-of-the-desert

Watch this space, there may be an announcement in a few weeks regarding some fine 28mm figures...