Show: Phalanx, St Helens

Started by Leon, 04 June 2014, 02:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Leon

Just a quick reminder for folks, this year there is a clash on the show schedule, with both the Phalanx show in St Helens, and the Durham Wargames Group annual open day, both taking place on Saturday 14th June.

As a result, we will be splitting our forces in half!  Leon and Adele will be taking the main stand in the van over to St Helens, while Dave heads up to Durham with a smaller backup stand.

So, if there's anything which you'd like bringing along to either show, please, please, please make sure to let us know at least 7 days in advance, so that we can put it on one side for you!

For more info on the shows, head over to either the St Helens Spartans website: http://spartans.org.uk/#&panel1-1 or the Durham Wargames Group website: http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/show/index.asp

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leman

Unfortunately there is also a clash with my walking club so I won't be at either.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Leman

I have now been informed that owing to this clash with Durham a number of regular Phalanx traders will not be attending but will be at Durham, e.g.Irregular, Dave Thomas and Reiver Games. I think the problem is Phalanx have brought their date forward this year. I am sure that in the past it has been towards the end of June.

Leman

No, my imagination - 2013 it was on the 15th and 2011 it was on the 18th, so no idea why this clash has occurred.

Leon

Quote from: Dour Puritan on 08 June 2014, 04:48:33 PM
No, my imagination - 2013 it was on the 15th and 2011 it was on the 18th, so no idea why this clash has occurred.

Phalanx is always the third Saturday of the month as far as I know, so with the 1st being a Sunday, this year it would normally have been on the 21st.  I assume with last year's being on the 15th they just booked the 14th without realising that was only the 2nd weekend.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leman

Leon

All packed and ready to set off at lunchtime Friday.  We'll be setting up at around 7:30am on Saturday morning, so if anyone's about to give us a helping hand, it would be much appreciated!  With Dave doing the Durham show instead, Adele's coming along with me to this one, but her back might not be up to the job on some of the heavier racks!

:(

Techno

She wouldn't have been much help, assisting me in moving that dead sheep I told you about earlier this week, then !
Dead weight ?.....What a very apt expression.
Cheers - Phil