Early wips of Ancient Spanish

Started by Techno, 26 September 2012, 12:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Guys....
This is as much to see if a complete and utter dork (ME) can follow simple instructions in regard to sizing the pictures 'properly'.. as it is to show how the Ancient Spanish are progressing.
I feel quite smug :> Not in regard to the models.... But I HAVE actually been able to follow my mentors !! (Thanks LOTS Meirion and everyone else !!....Took two goes, 'cos I was missing out a space !)

BUT 'I DUN IT !'..... :o :P

Please feel free to comment on the above, although as you'll be able to see, there's a fair old bit left to do ! (Arms, shields, spears/javelins etc etc.)
Top row are intended as the command group...Standard bearer...General...Musician.
Bottom row are two Lusitanian  infantry.
I've not shown the two each of the  Caetratus(i) or Scutarii yet....
Unless I'm completely mistaken these types of 'troops' appear almost identical apart from the size and shapes of the shields ??
Hands up... all those with computer eyesight as bad as mine who read Caetratus as something else....Think of a male singer with a VERY high voice !

Cheers - Phil.

Matt J

2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Gennorm

Nice. Moving towards getting out of 15mm at this rate.

O Dinas Powys

Beautiful work, probably a couple of the best photo resizings I've seen on the forum for a long while! ;)
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Techno

26 September 2012, 04:59:58 PM #5 Last Edit: 26 September 2012, 05:04:03 PM by Techno
Thanks all....
And thanks for your time and patience Meirion !.....I got there in the end....HUZZAH !! <:-P m/
(Easy when the penny finally drops !) ;) ;D
Cheers - Phil

Nosher

Not at all my period but lovely detailed work all the same :)
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

barbarian

How cute with their little boots.  8)
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Squirrel

Very nice indeed Phil, excellent work as usual.

I especially like the way you've snuck in a chaos warrior with tentacle arms :D ;)

What do you mean it's not :o

Seriously you are going to cost me a forte when I get back to my Arthurian/ancients campaign.

Cheers,

Kev

Luddite

Excellent work as ever Techno.

I've got ask though; given the huge gaps in Pendraken's Ancients ranges, why do a minor power like Spain?   :(

http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Leon

Quote from: Luddite on 26 September 2012, 08:23:25 PM
I've got ask though; given the huge gaps in Pendraken's Ancients ranges, why do a minor power like Spain?   :(

The work on the Ancients ranges is currently mainly replacing and then a bit of addition where we can.  With the Republicans and the Cathaginians done, the next logical step was to get the Spanish sorted out, maybe adding a few things as we go.  Then we'll be heading north as we revamp the Gallic and Imperial Romans next.  I've not planned any further than that, but we'll probably need to head backwards then, and hit the Greeks and Persians.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Phobos

Awesome work! I noticed that you follow the Angus mcBride paints in some of them, that´s awesome :D

Take a look at Europa Barbarorum Iberian units guide if you need more ideas.

http://www.europabarbarorum.com/factions_lusotannan_units.html

Is the idea to made Iberians, Celtiberians and Lusitanians?

Leon

Quote from: Phobos on 26 September 2012, 09:38:42 PM
Is the idea to made Iberians, Celtiberians and Lusitanians?

Yep, although I may not have told Phil that yet...  :-[ :D

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I've already talked him through some of them...  :P
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner