New Plains War Indians!

Started by Leon, 21 September 2012, 04:43:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

And moving onto something new!  Ish...

With the ACW revamp almost complete now, we thought it would make sense to make a quick detour and get our Plains War range revamped.  The current figures are one of the only 'old' ranges still in the catalogue, so it'll be nice to get them redone and shifted off to the retirement home.

So, first up we've got four poses of mounted:

This new range will mainly be a straight like-for-like process, but we'll see if we can add some other odds and ends as we go along.  Dave keeps mentioning gunslingers, so we'll see what happens there!

:D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

FierceKitty

Goodness gracious me, are those being Indians?
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

far4ngn

Dickie255

Nicely sculpted figures! I'll look forward to the rest of the revamp especially as they might be a worthy addition to the FIW Indian range

FierceKitty

Quote from: Dickie255 on 21 September 2012, 06:39:39 AM
Nicely sculpted figures! I'll look forward to the rest of the revamp especially as they might be a worthy addition to the FIW Indian range
Tricky. The people up north have little in common with the plains groups.

Squirrel

Quote from: Leon on 21 September 2012, 04:43:44 AM
Dave keeps mentioning gunslingers

Now that caught my attention  :-bd :D

Cheers,

Kev

Womble67

Hi everyone
                At some time in the future I fully intend doing plains war I have already ordered samples of the current range.  Will you be putting the new range alongside the old.  By the way these new sculpts look fantastic.

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: Womble67 on 21 September 2012, 10:24:22 AM
Will you be putting the new range alongside the old.  By the way these new sculpts look fantastic

It'll be a replacement job I think, as the old ones don't stand up all to the newer style figures.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

FierceKitty

I didn't mention that those new figures look very appealing. My first 10mm forces were for Little Big Horn, and for once paintng horses was fun (it helped that their riders had painted them too, making the most repetitive job in the hobby exciting again. Good work there.

nikharwood

22 September 2012, 03:16:31 PM #9 Last Edit: 22 September 2012, 07:31:32 PM by nikharwood
Nice...LBH here we come  8) <)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Quote from: nikharwood on 22 September 2012, 03:16:31 PM
Nice...LBH here we come  8)

Prefer the 'Battle of The Rosebud' - US forces fire 20,000 rounds at the Indians tribes circling them, confirmed kills & injuries on the Indians: zero.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Womble67

Quote from: Leon on 22 September 2012, 01:42:45 AM
It'll be a replacement job I think, as the old ones don't stand up all to the newer style figures.

Hi there
          If I wanted some of the old range would that still be possible once you've introduced the new ranges or would I be better ordering before you replace? As I really like the old sculpts.

Thanks Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Maenoferren

Quote from: nikharwood on 22 September 2012, 03:16:31 PM
Nice...LBH here we come  8) <)
Excuse me General custer do you mind if I go and change my library book? :-&
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

Maenoferren

Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!