List of vehicles coming in 2012!

Started by Leon, 17 February 2012, 05:55:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

17 February 2012, 05:55:43 PM Last Edit: 18 February 2012, 06:16:11 PM by Leon
After the excellent work on the three Russian models which arrived a couple of weeks ago (http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,4625.0.html), modelled by new Forum member mart678, we've put together the vehicle design schedule for the next 10 months or so!

The lists has been put together mainly using the Requests lists, plus the items needed for the Falkland's range.  I hope there's something here for everyone (Aztecs and Tarleton's aside!), and hopefully this means that Ianrs54 can stop going on about his tanks...  :P

WWI / AVBCW
Seabrook Armoured Car

WWII
British
Comet A34
CMP 15 CWT Truck
Humber LRC

Soviet
BA-10
T-40

Italian
M11/39
Lancia 3RO truck
Fiat L6/40

Vietnam/Indo-China/etc
M24 Chaffee
Mk III Centurion
Mk V Centurion
T-54/55

Falklands
Scorpion
Scimitar
Land Rover
Snowcat
Panhard AML-90 A/C
Mercedes G-Wagon Jeep
LVTP-7

:-bd   8)

PS, these are the vehicles on Mart678's list, there are other vehicles being done by other folk elsewhere...  8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

nikharwood

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Good stuff - except the Mk 3 and Mk 5 Centurions are in effect identical - the changes are all internal - changed BESA for Browning and deleted 2" mortar. Assume you are intending to do 2 Turrets - 1 with the fume extractor and one not. 2 Hulls would be useful, with and without Bazooka plates. Third turret with an asymetric fume extractor covers all but upgraded Isralai ones. That should make all the intelligent followers of this forum happy - cause those with the hat fixation will moan.

Cheers

IanS

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Whoops - forgot - British army stopped using Arabic mark nos in 48, so all Cents after Mk II are listed in arabic ones.

I Know - Pedant.

ianS

Leon

Quote from: ianrs54 on 17 February 2012, 06:13:45 PM
Good stuff - except the Mk 3 and Mk 5 Centurions are in effect identical - the changes are all internal - changed BESA for Browning and deleted 2" mortar. Assume you are intending to do 2 Turrets - 1 with the fume extractor and one not. 2 Hulls would be useful, with and without Bazooka plates. Third turret with an asymetric fume extractor covers all but upgraded Isralai ones. That should make all the intelligent followers of this forum happy - cause those with the hat fixation will moan.

The designer has already come back to me with the same info, so it'll be 1 hull / 2 turrets for the Centurions, and 1 hull / 1 turret / 2 barrels for the T54/T55's as well.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Rob

This is good news and hopefully the slippery slope to some T64/72/80s, Chieftains Challengers and all.  :) Possibly a Conquerer  :o as no one else does these.

RE: Cents, they and the T55 mean the Arab/Israeli wars are a possibility. So you would need a a Cent with a 105mm. I think the first to get it was the Mk5/2, in effect a retro fit (I'd better check). That is possibly what the designer was thinking?

Cheers, Rob  :)

Raider4

Quote from: Leon on 17 February 2012, 05:55:43 PM
Vietnam/Indo-China/etc
M24 Chaffee
Mk III Centurion
Mk V Centurion
T-54/55

Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you. Now I just have to be patient.

If I were quibbling, I'd say that you're missing an M48A3 ....

Cheers, Martyn
--

Squirrel

Leon

Quote from: Raider4 on 17 February 2012, 07:20:46 PM
If I were quibbling, I'd say that you're missing an M48A3 ....

On a worktable elsewhere...  ;) :D

Quote from: Leon on 17 February 2012, 06:45:48 PM
The designer has already come back to me with the same info, so it'll be 1 hull / 2 turrets for the Centurions, and 1 hull / 1 turret / 2 barrels for the T54/T55's as well.

Two hulls - for 'nam you need No bazooka plates, most other areas used them. Also - M48.

IanS

Steve J

A nice range there to keep most of us happy ;).

Hertsblue

Fills most of the gaps in the post WW2 era.

Might mention the PT76 again. Important in Viet Nam and elsewhere.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

kustenjaeger

Greetings

Some of these are very welcome.

Any news on doing some more artillery pieces? :-)

Regards

Edward

Leon

Quote from: Hertsblue on 18 February 2012, 11:59:30 AM
Might mention the PT76 again. Important in Viet Nam and elsewhere.

Also on a workbench elsewhere...  8)

Quote from: kustenjaeger on 18 February 2012, 06:14:59 PM
Any news on doing some more artillery pieces? :-)

Which ones in particular?  I've got some Italian pieces which should be ready for March.

kustenjaeger

Greetings

Quote from: Leon on 18 February 2012, 06:16:31 PM

Which ones in particular?  I've got some Italian pieces which should be ready for March.

Excellent - as I was mainly thinking about Italian.  The other standout is the Soviet 76mm M27 or M43 infantry howitzer that I've been wittering about on and off for years :-)

Regards

Edward