You want what making ?

Started by Techno, 21 March 2012, 06:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hertsblue

If all these goodies are available to the rank and file we definitely need a list so that we can keep track.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Techno

L/R....Kustenjaeger's 4 French SYW cavalry.....Chad's 2 Piedmont infantry....Quazar 42's Elite Chasseur a cheval plus 3 Line horse artillery figures.

As far as I'm aware Ray....These will all be going into the catalogue at some stage. ;)
Cheers - Phil.

Leon

Most of them will be going into the catalogue, but we may need to check on the single Naps sculpt, as I'm not sure what command would go with them.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

NTM

Quote from: Leon on 25 June 2013, 03:42:51 PM
...may need to check on the single Naps sculpt, as I'm not sure what command would go with them.

It's an odd one as most people would probably only need a few to mix in with the Line figures. Maybe put them in a pack of 5 as with the Mounted Officers.

quasar42

Quote from: Leon on 25 June 2013, 03:42:51 PM
Most of them will be going into the catalogue, but we may need to check on the single Naps sculpt, as I'm not sure what command would go with them.

If you are referring to the elite chasseurs and elite hussars, there is no need for command. I would make separate elite cavalry packs as you do for the elite infantry. There was one elite company per regiment, but there were of course many regiments. I would buy elite packs of the same size as for other cavalry packs.

Leon

Quote from: quasar42 on 30 June 2013, 09:49:54 PM
If you are referring to the elite chasseurs and elite hussars, there is no need for command. I would make separate elite cavalry packs as you do for the elite infantry. There was one elite company per regiment, but there were of course many regiments. I would buy elite packs of the same size as for other cavalry packs.

With the infantry Elites, they come in packs of 15 foot + 1 sergeant-type figure, so would the Elite cavalry need a corresponding command chap, and could something already in the ranges be used?
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Hertsblue

Quote from: Leon on 15 July 2013, 09:02:41 PM
With the infantry Elites, they come in packs of 15 foot + 1 sergeant-type figure, so would the Elite cavalry need a corresponding command chap, and could something already in the ranges be used?

Probably not worth the effort, Leon. The elites formed one company, i.e. half a squadron or one eighth of a regiment, in most people's organisation probably two or three figures at most.

www.rulesdepot.net

WeeWars

Quote from: Hertsblue on 16 July 2013, 08:57:30 AM
Probably not worth the effort, Leon. The elites formed one company, i.e. half a squadron or one eighth of a regiment, in most people's organisation probably two or three figures at most.

My regiments at 1:50 only need one figure, which is why I've been happy to DIY. However if you want to produce them, colpack busbies were favoured by all officers.
← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Things 'wot I are making' at the moment.....If I can remember how to use photobucket ! (Good grief...I can !!)

English command for Flodden.

Scots command for Flodden.

Scots style gunners

James IV Wip.....(The tear in his surcoat has been 'invisibly repaired' and the helm put on the base now.

Thomas Howard Wip....Some neatening and cleaning done since I took the pic.

Early shot of James on horseback.....Nearly finished now.

The yellow screwdriver in the first couple of photo's is there just to help me focus quickly...(Cos I'm a lazy oik)..Before anyone asks ;) :P
The poles for the standards have been left deliberately that long so they (hopefully) can be used for small or huge banners....Depends on how long Dave can get them to cast !! ;) ;)

Cheers - Phil.

WeeWars

Phil,

These are spectacular!

Cheers, Michael

Ithoriel

Damn! Another new period to try and resist!

Lovely stuff. Pretty sure that, if I don't succumb to full Flodden era armies, some of those are going to appear in my Warmaster Empire Army.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

WeeWars

Quote from: Ithoriel on 17 January 2014, 03:10:34 PM
Damn! Another new period to try and resist!

Lovely stuff. Pretty sure that, if I don't succumb to full Flodden era armies, some of those are going to appear in my Warmaster Empire Army.

That's an idea. I might resist resisting and do that. Would bills, pikes, and halberds be appropriate for Empire inf?

kev1964

Stunning Techno, really excellent sculpts,  i can see some of these coming to me,

kev
2013 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!

Hertsblue

Really excellent, Phil. Particularly the mounted figure.  :-bd :-bd :-bd

QuoteWould bills, pikes, and halberds be appropriate for Empire inf?

Possibly not bills, Michael. They seem to have been a peculiarly English innovation, but certainly pikes and halberds. Might be useful for providing alternative poses for the existing late medieval/early renaissance ranges. 

www.rulesdepot.net

Ithoriel

Quote from: WeeWars on 17 January 2014, 03:16:09 PM
That's an idea. I might resist resisting and do that. Would bills, pikes, and halberds be appropriate for Empire inf?

I've never felt terribly constrained by GW's background fluff and practically there's not too much difference between a bill and a halberd - they're basically sharp and spiky bits on a pole :)

Strictly speaking pikes are a Dogs of War weapon but again it's a spiky bit on a pole. This is fantasy not history and fantasy sources are pretty hazy on the differences between weapons.

My, nominally, Empire Army is actually the Great Crusade of Marienburg an entirely non-canononical formation supposedly comprised of the worst elements of historical crusading armies and lead by the Inquisitor General of Marienburg.

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data