Salamander or Fire lizards

Started by fred., 10 March 2012, 03:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred.

Are there any figures suitable for salamanders or fire lizards?
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Leon

With all four feet on the ground?  Nothing I can think of unfortunately.

:(
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

surely this was the ideal slot for the 'Not the basilisk' from last year's sculpting competion?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

Quote from: mad lemmey on 10 March 2012, 04:17:44 PM
surely this was the ideal slot for the 'Not the basilisk' from last year's sculpting competion?

Possibly, but we didn't manage to acquire that one unfortunately.

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Oh what a shame, that was a gorgeous sculpt!  :'(

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fred.

Oh, shame on both counts.

Anyone know of this type of figure from anyone else (other than GW)?

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Maenoferren

Quote from: Leon on 10 March 2012, 03:33:38 PM
With all four feet on the ground?  Nothing I can think of unfortunately.

What about the dinosaur ones I have?, admitedly they dont have a sail on their back but they might do????

I think they are FL7???
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

fred.

Maenoferren - they look good - not sure if they are right for Salamanders. Are they based on 2p coins?

Anyone have pictures of the flyers in the two lizardman ranges?

Maenoferren

Quote from: fred  12df on 11 March 2012, 08:11:19 AM
Maenoferren - they look good - not sure if they are right for Salamanders. Are they based on 2p coins?

Anyone have pictures of the flyers in the two lizardman ranges?

was the only think I could think of... however do salamanders have to have sails   :D
they are on card disks from space hulk, the things that denote the blips when the genestealers arrive i have the flying lizard i think FL9, unfortunately i chopped the tails as I was after something to become a Pterasaur so the tail went the journey. I will see if I have any pics :)

Maenoferren

had a mooch and could only find this one... he has already had his tail cropped and filed noy brill but i will keep on checking

Blaker

Maenoferren, are the porters in the Pendraken range?  If so, what code, thanks  :D

Orcs

I Picked up a single pack of GW warmaster Salamanders and have two side by side on a 20 x40 mm Base (20mm frontage)  Thire is enough room for a handler behind them.  These look like very similar apart from the sail.  Personally I would use them and adjust the number of figures to the base
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

republic of tolworth

WW1 East Africa misc  NEA4 cracking little figs. Have them in lots of bases from neolithic to 18thC.
League of the dayglow Aztec Empire.

Maenoferren

yup east africa range... they have boxes, something like a tent and a third package I think :-[ really nice figures ideal for my pulpesque kind of games
they crop up everywhere, from hunting dinosaurs to Rhino  :D