Sneak peek behind the scenes...

Started by Leon, 15 September 2011, 04:30:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

15 September 2011, 04:30:14 AM Last Edit: 15 September 2011, 04:36:36 AM by Leon
We've been clearing out the workshop this week, making it a bit more organised and efficient.  Not a hard job when you see how if was before we started...!

It took a whole day just to pull everything out and work out what was going to be kept, and what could be thrown.  That bike at the end of the pic above was left outside to be taken to the scrapyard.  We were saved a job when it disappeared within an hour!  Then Tuesday was spent fitting new insulating boards to the roof and doorway, so hopefully it'll be a lot warmer come winter this year.  I unfortunately had to get rid of my 'Coke Wall' though...

So, now our workshop looks like this:

I've still got to get the other end done, which is around the corner in the pic above.  That'll need the roof insulating, and all the resin stuff pulling out so that we can fit a new worktop for that area.  Then it could all do with a good coat of paint!  Although that wall with the cardboard box next to it was sprayed a nice shade of GW Skull White!

Just for fun, I took a pic of both Dave's desk and mine/Gandalf's.  Dave insists his is organised, and to be fair, he can usually find exactly what he needs in all this clutter!

Me and Gandalf's is a bit more spacious.  Ignore all the graffiti though, the eldest has always enjoyed scrawling on the desk!

:D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Blaker

Thanks for the pics Leon. Cool to know what the Pendraken Forge looks like   ;)

Nico

"Coke Wall"  :D ... wall of coke

really interesting pictures, thanks for sharing.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

FierceKitty

Admiably suitable for preparing Aztecs!
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

goat major

My blog: https://goatmajor.org.uk/
My twitting: http://twitter.com/goatmajor

2014 Painting Competition - Winner!

capthugeca

Life is too important to be taken seriously.

Leon

Quote from: goat major on 15 September 2011, 12:19:20 PM

As far as I know, there were no Tarleton's present in the 1st Schleswig-Holstein war...  ;)

AWI's are on the opposite wall!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Arsenus

Cool place! Maybe could you do a competition with for the winner a ticket to go visit the shop and write his name on the table? ^^
The shadow of a man can never stand up and walk on its own.

https://arsenus.blogspot.fr/

Leon

Quote from: Arsenus on 15 September 2011, 05:22:19 PM
Cool place! Maybe could you do a competition with for the winner a ticket to go visit the shop and write his name on the table? ^^

:D

You don't need a ticket, just pop in a grab a pen!

Hertsblue

Good grief, Leon, have you people never heard of Health & Safety? Nanny McFee would have kittens!  :o
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Leon

Quote from: Hertsblue on 15 September 2011, 06:31:08 PM
Good grief, Leon, have you people never heard of Health & Safety? Nanny McFee would have kittens!  :o

Bah, H&S is for wimps...  :D

Steve J

H&S kicks in once you have 5 or more employees IIRC.

lentulus

Maybe so, but the "before" picture strikes me as a great place to break your neck even before you add in molten lead and resin fumes.  I m glad you cleaned up, I'd hate to have you kill yourselves before all my projects are complete.