Raiden 1:285th Aircraft now available!

Started by Leon, 07 June 2020, 03:46:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

07 June 2020, 03:46:26 AM Last Edit: 07 June 2020, 03:55:27 AM by Leon

We've hit Day 7 of the '10 Days of Shiny' and we've got a big one from Minibits today!

We are extremely pleased to announce that we are now stocking the full 1:285th Raiden Miniatures aircraft ranges, now owned by I-94 Enterprises in the States.  These extensive ranges cover both WWII and Post War with almost 180 aircraft available in this initial release.  Whilst obviously aimed at the 6mm gamers out there, these may also interest some of our 10mm players as well, giving some options for those Off-Table Support units in Blitzkrieg Commander and Cold War Commander.  15mm Flames of War uses 10mm aircraft so no reason why 10mm BKC can't use 6mm aircraft!

We don't currently stock any flight stands for these but we'll be sourcing some asap and adding them to the site.  I-94 were also waiting on a restock of some codes so we'll be adding those as well over the coming months.

We won't list out the full 178 products, but here's a quick overview of what's available:

WWII - http://www.minibits.net/raiden-aircraft/wwii/
- American
- Dutch
- British
- French
- German
- Italian
- Japanese
- Russian

Post War - http://www.minibits.net/raiden-aircraft/post-war/
- American
- British
- Canadian
- French
- Russian
- Swedish

And some pics:

Day 8 will see a few scenery items for Pendraken, to complement a recent range release...
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

Wendy planes ;)

Some of those are very tempting, will have to compare the costs of getting them from the US vs UK  :-\
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

pierre the shy

Quote from: paulr on 07 June 2020, 05:37:58 AM

Some of those are very tempting, will have to compare the costs of getting them from the US vs UK  :-

Those Raiden Spitfires etc are VERY shiny......but I can hear Mrs Shy's voice saying "move along, these are not the miniatures you are after..."  :)

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

rct75001

Quote from: Leon on 07 June 2020, 03:46:26 AM

Day 8 will see a few scenery items for Pendraken, to complement a recent range release...

i'm trying to stay standing up at  the moment....
And she said "You haven't bought more of those little men have you?"

https://rctlittlesoldiers.blogspot.com.au

Techno

I'm hardly a 'connasewer' of planes....But I remember having a 'Lightning' (Corgi or Dinky ?) in my childhood.

Was the MiG-19 a 'rip-off' of that particular design ? :-\

Cheers - Phil

fsn

:o

:) 

:D 

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Quote from: Techno on 07 June 2020, 08:04:41 AM
Was the MiG-19 a 'rip-off' of that particular design ? :-
I think there was just a lot of similar designs at that period - Thunderbird 1.

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald: 2024 - Silver Medal (Cavalry)
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fsn

Quote from: Leon on 07 June 2020, 03:46:26 AM

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015

Steve J

Those are a great addition and will be very useful I'm sure 8).

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Nice to see you selling a proper scale !  :d :d
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

slugbalancer

slugbalancer

To whom it may concern...

You've got RAI-GBR018 Westland Whirlwing incorrectly labelled.  It should of course be Westland Whirlwind.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Great line.
Well spotted Slugbalancer!  :D
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Isnt the Whilwing the helicopter version !  ;)
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leon

Quote from: paulr on 07 June 2020, 05:37:58 AM
Some of those are very tempting, will have to compare the costs of getting them from the US vs UK  :-

It's a tricky one with the exchange rates fluctuating so much these days, but I think the US would be slightly cheaper for you at the moment, even with the VAT removed from our prices.  

I'm going to keep an eye on the rates and adjust the pricing on these as we go.  I've had to pitch them at almost like-for-like initially, it was around $1.20 to the £1 when I bought them, but with the shipping and import fees added on, it cancels out the currency adjustment.

Quote from: slugbalancer on 07 June 2020, 11:48:08 AM
You've got RAI-GBR018 Westland Whirlwing incorrectly labelled.  It should of course be Westland Whirlwind.

Bah, I knew there'd be one in there somewhere!  I'll get that fixed straightaway.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fsn

Quote from: Leon on 07 June 2020, 04:55:55 PM
Bah, I knew there'd be one in there somewhere!  I'll get that fixed straightaway.
While you're at it there's a Mosquite instead of a Mosquito.  :)