Sd.Kfz 251 - Upgrades and Additions!

Started by Leon, 28 July 2019, 04:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

The new releases continue at a pace and this time we've upgraded our Sd.Kfz 251 models and added some extra variants as well!

First off, our existing Ausf C and Ausf D hulls have been upgraded, along with their variants, so all of the current codes have been replaced with these new models.  Where necessary, we've also replaced the additional items, so new rocket launchers, new map tables, etc.  

As well as those upgrades, we've also taken the opportunity to add the Ausf A and Ausf B versions, along with the most popular variants across all of the B C and D hulls.  Most of these options are separate castings (rockets, guns, mortars, etc) so we can put together some of the less popular versions if anyone wants them.

WWII German
Vehicles - https://pendraken.co.uk/world-war-ii/german/vehicles/
GRV57   Sd.Kfz 251/1 (Ausf C)
GRV58   Sd.Kfz 251/1 (Ausf C) camouflaged
GRV59   Sd.Kfz 251/1 (Ausf D)
GRV60   Sd.Kfz 251 (Ausf C) 'Wurfrahmen 40' rocket launcher
GRV61   Sd.Kfz 251/2 (Ausf C) 8cm mortar carrier and crew
GRV62   Sd.Kfz 251/3 (Ausf C) with frame aerial
GRV63   Sd.Kfz 251 (Ausf C) with map table and officer
GRV64   Sd.Kfz 251/7 (Ausf C) engineer vehicle
GRV65   Sd.Kfz 251/9 (Ausf C) short 75mm
GRV66   Sd.Kfz 251/10 (Ausf C) 37mm AT
GRV67   Sd.Kfz 251/22 (Ausf D) 75mm AT
GRV68   Sd.Kfz 251/8 (Ausf C) ambulance with tilt
GRV69   Sd.Kfz 251/16 (Ausf C) Flammpanzerwagen
GRV112   Sd.Kfz 251/1 (Ausf A)
GRV113   Sd.Kfz 251/1 (Ausf B )
GRV114   Sd.Kfz 251/2 (Ausf B ) 8cm mortar carrier and crew
GRV115   Sd.Kfz 251/2 (Ausf D) 8cm mortar carrier and crew
GRV116   Sd.Kfz 251/7 (Ausf D) engineer vehicle
GRV117   Sd.Kfz 251/9 (Ausf D) short 75mm
GRV118   Sd.Kfz 251/10 (Ausf D) 37mm AT gun
GRV119   Sd.Kfz 251/16 (Ausf D) Flammpanzerwagen
GRV120   Sd.Kfz 251 (Ausf D) 'Wurfrahmen 40' rocket launcher
GRV121   Sd.Kfz 251/1 (Ausf D) camouflaged
(All packs contain one vehicle, priced at £2.95)

And the usual pics:

GRV57 - Sd.Kfz 251/1 (Ausf C)

GRV60 - Sd.Kfz 251 (Ausf C) 'Wurfrahmen 40' rocket launcher

GRV64 - Sd.Kfz 251/7 (Ausf C) engineer vehicle

GRV68 - Sd.Kfz 251/8 (Ausf C) ambulance with tilt

GRV113 - Sd.Kfz 251/1 (Ausf B )

GRV115 - Sd.Kfz 251/2 (Ausf D) 8cm mortar carrier and crew

Next it's the big one, Indian Mutiny incoming!  We just need to blackwash and photograph about 200 figures and we're good to go!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Ithoriel

Lovely stuff!

I feel further purchases of Sdkfz251s coming on  .... despite needing more like I need a hole in my head!

Of course, once I have a few new ones the old ones won't look as good .... aaaand down the rabbit hole we go ..... aaaargh!!!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

fred.

That is a lot of half-tracks!!

Can you tell us what the 'upgrade' has involved? A tidying up, more accurate, change of size, etc? Thanks
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Wulf

Looks like chunky tracks, simplified road wheel hubs, but nice deep holes on the track wheels. Good sharp angles on the body, and that's a body with a lot of angles...

What's the inside like, I can't see - are the inner walls just blank vertical walls? Is there any floor detail?

Leon

Quote from: fred. on 28 July 2019, 08:37:41 PM
Can you tell us what the 'upgrade' has involved? A tidying up, more accurate, change of size, etc? Thanks

It's a complete new model, so it's a touch bigger than the old ones (like the upgraded Shermans and Panzer IV's) with more detail on it as well.

Quote from: Wulf on 28 July 2019, 09:57:26 PM
What's the inside like, I can't see - are the inner walls just blank vertical walls? Is there any floor detail?

The internals are blank walls, to allow the various bits to slot inside without any trouble.  The floor isn't detailed but does have a groove running along it (central 1/3rd of the floor roughly) so that the mortar base can sit inside it and puts the mortar on the correct level for the crewmen.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Heedless Horseman

Great stuff!  :) :) :) But...what bits slot inside a basic troop carrier...benches as a separate part? You now have a perfect opportunity to create 'Crew modules' with Figure groups (inc MG gunner!) which could be removed as they dismount...always a difficulty with H/Ts...to crew up or not? Suppose I should wait for my first order and find out!  :)

And that Frame Aerial no the 251/3! Wow! Didn't think that was possible without etched brass or 3D printing!  :o  :)
(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)

Leon

Quote from: Heedless Horseman on 29 July 2019, 01:09:02 AM
Great stuff!  :) :) :) But...what bits slot inside a basic troop carrier...benches as a separate part? You now have a perfect opportunity to create 'Crew modules' with Figure groups (inc MG gunner!) which could be removed as they dismount...always a difficulty with H/Ts...to crew up or not? Suppose I should wait for my first order and find out!  :)

The basic carrier is the same hull as the other variants, so an Ausf C 251/1 is the same model as a Ausf C 251/2 mortar carrier, but the latter is supplied with a separate mortar and crew pieces.  It's not viable financially to modify and remould hulls for every variant unfortunately.  As you say though, there is an opportunity there for some separate benches and crew figures in the future.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

One or 2 of those are rare animals, 16 or 17 being built. But good stuff.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Dr Dave

Lots of the short 75mm will be good for Arnhem. Great to see the range expand.

Can I ask - how long are they now?

Leon

Quote from: Dr Dave on 29 July 2019, 11:18:59 AM
Can I ask - how long are they now?

The new ones are 39mm overall length, so dead on for 1:150th scale.  The old ones were about 35mm so a bit short.

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: Leon on 29 July 2019, 02:05:42 PM
The new ones are 39mm overall length, so dead on for 1:150th scale.  The old ones were about 35mm so a bit short.

They said that about Napoleon, and that other former corporal who followed his footsteps toward Moscow.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Napoleon was 5'7" And the other was 5'9"!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner