WWII German V1 launch ramp released!

Started by Leon, 23 June 2019, 04:39:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

23 June 2019, 04:39:45 PM Last Edit: 23 June 2019, 04:41:44 PM by Leon
Well we promised you something special and here it is!  Many years ago we had a V1 with a launch ramp, but it was a single piece casting and quite basic so we decided to upgrade it a little bit...!

This new launch ramp is a fantastic bit of work by John at Ironclad Miniatures and has been given an equally outstanding paintjob by the talented Jason Dawson of JAD Designs.  John has based the design on the launch sites found at du Mesnil au Val or Vacquerie Le Boucq.

Comprising of 8 pieces, the resin launch ramp comes in two base pieces along with a ramp, 4 supports and a sentry box.  We've then added a pair of engineers, plus a couple of sentries and a guard dog.  This is a big kit, measuring 330x140mm overall (210mm for the ramp) and would make an excellent objective in your WWII games.  You could add a countdown factor for added excitement, stop the rocket before it launches in turn 6...!  It would of course look just as good as a terrain piece on any northern France tables.

WWII German
Misc - https://pendraken.co.uk/world-war-ii/german/misc/
GRX13   V1 rocket with launch ramp and crew   £19.95

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Holy Tamoly! That is one superb kit!  :o 8)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Lovely work but no idea how I would use it in a game. Great for dioramas etc though.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

We have lots of original shots of launchers in the Medmenham Collection at the Military Intelligence Museum. ;)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald: 2024 - Silver Medal (Cavalry)
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fred.

Very cool.

Back in the day I had a plastic Matchbox version, it was just the bunker and the ramp.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

d_Guy

Golly!  =D> =D>

I want one! Imagine what Montrose could do with such a thing! The psychological impact alone would be profound! It will need to come with fuel however (and instructions).
Sleep with clean hands ...

Sunray

I think it demonstrates how adroit Pendraken have become in the use of resin castings.

Two applications of this skill come to mind:

1. Perhaps some boats and small craft in 10mm - the sort Scotia Grendel do in 1/300. 

2. The 1/300 naval market (the Lucrative Seas ?) is buzzing.  A lot of loyal Pendraken customer base dabbles in it.  Room perhaps for a few merchant ships like www.wargamesgazette.com supply for US market?

lowlylowlycook

fsn

Do some PoW figures, and those Germans would do for the Escape From Colditz game.

Quote from: Sunray on 24 June 2019, 01:14:57 AM
I think it demonstrates how adroit Pendraken have become in the use of resin castings.
1. Perhaps some boats and small craft in 10mm - the sort Scotia Grendel do in 1/300. 
How about a 10mm sloop or brig for .. oh I don't know ... Pirates?

Quote from: Steve J on 23 June 2019, 06:12:40 PM
Lovely work but no idea how I would use it in a game. Great for dioramas etc though.
Really? I've got Shermans swarming all over it as the Germans try and launch that atomic bomb at General Patton. (OK, I may have gonbe off piste there, but I think it would make a great objective.)
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald: 2024 - Silver Medal (Cavalry)
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Sunray

Quote from: fsn on 24 June 2019, 07:41:57 AM
Do some PoW figures, and those Germans would do for the Escape From Colditz game.
How about a 10mm sloop or brig for .. oh I don't know ... Pirates?
Really? I've got Shermans swarming all over it as the Germans try and launch that atomic bomb at General Patton. (OK, I may have gonbe off piste there, but I think it would make a great objective.)

Too much Heavy Water before bedtime Nobby ?

John Cook

Quote from: Sunray on 24 June 2019, 01:14:57 AM

Two applications of this skill come to mind:

2. The 1/300 naval market (the Lucrative Seas ?) is buzzing.  A lot of loyal Pendraken customer base dabbles in it.  Room perhaps for a few merchant ships like www.wargamesgazette.com supply for US market?

3.  A trench system to go with the trench railway.

steve_holmes_11

Superb looking model, through "second sentry" needs to rethink his location.