Lincombe Barn Table Top Sale

Started by Steve J, 16 May 2019, 02:50:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

Not a show per se, but a great local bring'n'buy that is normally very popular. I'll be there trying to offload surplus terrain, books ,figures etc that I simply no longer use, have space for etc. Hope to see some of you there. Details can be found below:

http://www.bristolwargaming.co.uk/ttsale.html

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

I know Paul, but some of the terrain I made when I gamed in 28mm and 15mm, so doesn't really work with my 10mm stuff. Books have been read and were for planned projects that will never see the light of day, given the recent rationalisation of my gaming. Ditto the figures, some 28mm, some 10mm. So time for them to go to a good home (hopefully) and to free up space in the house. It's also quite cathartic :).

Leman

I know the feeling. I will be carting my 28mm ECW stuff to Phalanx as it will never be painted up and used.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Steve J

My clear out is going well, but I'm amazed at how much stuff I've amassed, ready to try and shift on Sunday and that's just the books! I blame Amazon and ebay for making it too easy to buy something ;). Bring back SAE envelopes, postal orders, printed catalogues and 28 days for delivery :D.

Steve J

So, anyone from the forum planning on attending this Sunday?

Leman

Too far for me but my brother might go from Clevedon.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

paulr

Quote from: Steve J on 17 May 2019, 11:04:07 AM
... 28 days for delivery :D.

Luxury ;D

Still takes longer than that for figures to reach the Antipodes ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

We forget how luck we are in the UK for cheap and quick postage compared to other parts of the World.

Big Insect

I'll be attending Steve ... not got enough time to pull anything together for sale (this year) unfortunately ... too many other projects (rules redrafting in particular) on the go ... so will see if I can track you down  :D
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Steve J

I'm on table 5C Mark, which is probably the Concord room. Hope to see you there. I've got all my stuff together, mainly books, terrain and some 28mm moderns, 15mm sci-fi and 10mm ancients stuff. Always hit or miss as to what sells on the day.

Big Insect

'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Steve J

Good to meet up with Mark, albeit rather briefly. Would have been nice to have had more time for a chat, but it was not to be. Managed to flog a load of stuff, but always interesting to see what sold and what didn't. Mainly terrain and books were popular, with no real interest in painted minis. Some good comments re: Pendraken on the day and some people were only after 10mm stuff, which was good to see.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Big Insect

Yes - great to meet up Steve - we should arrange a game or 2? I'm only in Clifton and play up at Slimbridge often (not as often as I'd like) on a Monday evening.

I managed to pick up a couple of reasonably painted 10mm North Western Europe British and German armies - a matched pair for £50 - very good value. It will need some touching up and I also base all my vehicles (to aid handling) so I'll have to set work to work ahead of the BKCIV Boot Camp event on Saturday 15th June (all welcome) but we already have a 6mm Eastern Front game that players can join and potentially a 15mm Western Desert 'bash' but it would be nice to have a 10mm game as well. I had thought about an Italian v Greeks (like your scenario solo game Steve) but I just wont get them done in time.
But I like the idea of a smaller 4 x 4 table and fewer units to allow drop-in players to get the feel of the rules.

Thank for the book Steve - a good start to my Spanish Civil War reading ahead of the planned SCW suppliment.

Cheers
Mark