Pendraken Miniatures Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
17 July 2018, 12:35:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We've got some handy Burnt Out Houses suitable for a variety of games.
256773 Posts in 15482 Topics by 2132 Members
Latest Member: Geiss
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Pendraken Miniatures Forum
|-+  Wider Wargaming
| |-+  Non-Pendraken Stuff
| | |-+  The Welsh in 25mm ADLG action on Madaxeman.gogogoh
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Welsh in 25mm ADLG action on Madaxeman.gogogoh  (Read 689 times)
madaxeman
Second Lieutenant

« on: 12 April 2018, 04:08:51 PM »

Almost 2 years after the majority of the figures were bought at a bring and buy, finally a full fat 25mm, mostly Old Glory Somerled range Dark Ages army from the Celtic fringes of Britain makes its way onto the table in the guise of the Welsh at the recent BHGS Roll Call competition.

Inspired by tales of derring do, the spirit of rugby, the stirring voices of male voice choirs and and the discovery of some daffodil-simulating grass tufts on eBay, this mountain-dwelling army with their Viking and Atecotti comrades in arms take on all comers from the far ends of the earth to the naughty neighbours across Offa's Dyke and the Irish Sea in 5 spectacular full colour match reports with big, big, big soldiers on display throughout.

The man, the legend, the Knight of the Realm Sir Tom Jones gives the gibberish-like judgement for the home team and of course, Medieval Hannibal is there for the insight and analysis at the end as well.

It's massive. It's Lush. Its Welsh through to the bone. So, pour yourself a pint of Brains, settle in for the evening  (because as Sir Tom would say, "it's cold outside") and enjoy the spectacle in these 5 widescreen brand new reports.
« Last Edit: 12 April 2018, 04:20:34 PM by madaxeman » Logged
mad lemmey
Field Marshal

« Reply #1 on: 12 April 2018, 04:56:45 PM »

Great reports Tim

Is it time I had a signature? Everyone else does.

Chekov's Gun, Occam's Razor, and Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle walk into a bar. You won't believe what happens next!

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner 😎
madaxeman
Second Lieutenant

« Reply #2 on: 12 April 2018, 05:11:09 PM »

you must be reading them faster than I can post them !

Westmarcher
Brigadier

Ruff! Ruff!

« Reply #3 on: 12 April 2018, 07:16:28 PM »

Looks like a lot of fun reading (only read the first one, so far). Also, didn't know Old Glory had a Somerled range (he was slain in battle 'along the road' from where I live).  Thumbs up

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
Leman
General

« Reply #4 on: 12 April 2018, 07:56:10 PM »

Wel ddere’s lofely, isn’t it. Not offten one sees a Welsh army.

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!
madaxeman
Second Lieutenant

« Reply #5 on: 12 April 2018, 08:03:03 PM »

Looks like a lot of fun reading (only read the first one, so far). Also, didn't know Old Glory had a Somerled range (he was slain in battle 'along the road' from where I live).  Thumbs up

Neither did I, and the seem to be sort of hidden on the website too - I picked them up at the bring and buy at Campaign 2 years ago around half price to use as "generic dark ages dudes" and they seem to scrub up quite well.   As usual with OG, there is a huge variety of poses in each bag.
Techno
Field Marshal

« Reply #6 on: 13 April 2018, 05:47:02 AM »

Really good stuff !

Cheers - Phil

FSN IS an oik...I wonder when he'll change his signature again . :-)
Techno....AND STILL.....The most picked on member of the forum since 2011
fsn
General

« Reply #7 on: 13 April 2018, 07:36:53 AM »

Wel ddere’s lofely, isn’t it. Not offten one sees a Welsh army.
And one army can cover 450BC(e) to about 1923 (when the flat cap was adopted) as well!

Great looking figures, and I do enjoy the comments.

Lord Oik of Runcorn
(You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013
Oik of the Year 2014
Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!

15mm is dead. It just doesn't know it yet.
Sunray
Brigadier

« Reply #8 on: 13 April 2018, 10:29:38 AM »

Exhibition wargaming at its best.     Thumbs up      Not my period, but the commentary and sharp wit make it easy viewing.

Thanks Tim for taking the trouble to share what is  best post on the forum for quite a while.

Can we look forward now to regular features of this quality?
madaxeman
Second Lieutenant

« Reply #9 on: 13 April 2018, 10:37:48 PM »

I generally produce “something” like this every 4-6 weeks, and always try to post it here

Whether it’s quality or not is down to your taste !

There’s ole ty more on the “reports” tab in my site if youve missed previous installments
lowlylowlycook
Captain

« Reply #10 on: 14 April 2018, 12:58:47 AM »

Nice work!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: