1690 Ireland

Started by Redstef, 02 April 2018, 12:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redstef

Rather than re-post pics in the original posts William/James in Ireland thanks to Photobucket and in a bid to keep them all in the same place here is a new one (delete the other 2 if you want Leon).
The overall project is to refight the Battle of the Boyne using the historical plan and a few what ifs ( Count Solms plan seems particularly risky )

Part one, the action around Oldbridge, is nearing completion. I have drawn as a closing point for this scenario the Danes crossing of the Boyne, as this event and the crossing further downstream of William and his cavalry pretty much sealed the deal in this section. The Jacobites will be out numbered in foot 13/6 but will have total superiority in Horse 9/0 sdns and Dragoons 6/0 sdns

Rather than a piecemeal post of units as I do them, I will post as Brigades.

The generals first as they are generic and have no specific person in mind (William and James apart when i finish them)

Jacobite Infantry
James' Irish Guards

Earl of Antrim

Clanricard

Boisseleau

Williamite Infantry
Hanmers Brigade
Hanmers

Brandenburg

Nassau-Saarbrucken-Ottweiler

Huguenout Brigade
De La Meloniere

Cambon

Caillemotte

This leaves 3 Btns of Guard Te Voet of which I have one finished (first of the range I painted :) ) and 4 Btns of Eniskillen/Derry of which I have one finished.

Jacobite Horse
several finished but not complete

Jacobite Dragoons
Clares

leaving Dongans of which is over half done

Sorry for the long winded post but its good to get them all in the same place.....I think   ;)
"From each according to ability, to each according to need" Karl Marx.............I really need those figures

2015 Painting Competition - People's Choice!
2016 Painting Competition - 3 x Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 4 x Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner, 1 x Runner-Up!

mollinary

Good Grief!!!  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o.  Those are absolutely magnificent!   Congratulations.

:-bd =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> :-bd =D> =D> =D>
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Please do not apologise for such incredible work!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

They ARE superb.....Glad you've re-posted them !

Cheers - Phil

Westmarcher

Great to see your LoA stuff again (plus some new ones)! (Don't think we've seen them since the photobucket debacle?). Looking forward to more pics .... and eventually pics of your game?  =D>
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Steve J

Simply stunning work 8). They will put my efforts to shame!

sunjester

Absolutely fabulous work!

Aksu

I say, verily excellent work!
Cheers,
Aksu

Terry37

Absolutely awesome is all I can say!  Nice try though in getting us to think those aren't 54 MM figures!!! ;D In all seriousness, those are amazing and are going to make a beautiful table display.

Also a favorite period of mine.

Truly well done!!!

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Leon

Fantastic work on all of these!

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Jesus

uauuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

toxicpixie

I'd like to quote Westmarcher from another thread, as I feel it's relevant...

Quote from: Westmarcher on 03 April 2018, 10:20:42 AM
Aww, what's the point [throws paints and brushes away] .....!   ;D

Superb!  :-bd

What he said :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

lowlylowlycook

Ooooh.  Very pretty!

clibinarium

Superb. I only wish they were in my collection.