Belgian vehicles released!

Started by Leon, 04 March 2018, 04:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

We've got another new range online next, with the start of a WWII Belgian range now available!  This little batch are all Vickers designs, including the Utility B tractor which was a licensed Belgian version of the Vickers Utility vehicle.  Next up is the the B1/B2 version of the T-13 tank destroyer with a 47mm AT gun.   And finally we've got the T-15 light tank, armed with a 13.2mm machine gun.

For infantry, we are planning to add some specific Belgian figures at some point in the future but it's likely to be 2019 or later before we fit those into the schedule.  In the meantime, our WWII French in Adrian helmets are a suitable proxy.

WWII
Belgian - https://pendraken.co.uk/world-war-ii/belgian/
BEL1    Utility B tractor (2)
BEL2    T-13 tank destroyer (1)
BEL3    T-15 light tank (1)

And the pics:

BEL1 - Utility B tractor

BEL2 -T-13 tank destroyer

BEL3 - T-15 light tank

We'll have these with us at the upcoming WMMS show, as well as Salute of course, so pop by and have a look!  We've also got some more WWII and Modern releases coming in the next week.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

petercooman

great stuff!

don't forget that you can list the AMC35 with the Belgians as the ACG-1! (FRE60)

Steve J

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fred.

More coolness.

Could see these on the flank of my French forces

QuoteT-13 tank destroyer
You have to love the optimism
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fsn

Oooooh! That's not fair. Putting out a new range when FSN's coming to the end of a project.   :(

They are pretty though.

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald: 2024 - Silver Medal (Cavalry)
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Orcs

Quote from: fred. on 04 March 2018, 06:57:40 PM
More coolness.

Could see these on the flank of my French forces
You have to love the optimism

They are very nice models.

Having played with Belgians in BKC2 The T13 is a force to be reckoned with.  It outranges all of the German tanks including the Pz4 and gets 3 dice compared to 2.

They were also fitted with a Browning Automatic rifle.  Apparently an HE shell was also available.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Techno

John Cook

Leon,  You drive me nuts with incomplete ranges.  No 47mm FRC anti-tank gun to go with the utility tractor.  No 76mm FRC Mortar.  The French will not do as proxies for Belgian infantry; the Belgian LMG was the BAR and their HMG was the MG08.  Very frustrating.

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

Orcs

Quote from: John Cook on 05 March 2018, 09:58:36 AM
Leon,  You drive me nuts with incomplete ranges.  No 47mm FRC anti-tank gun to go with the utility tractor.  No 76mm FRC Mortar.  The French will not do as proxies for Belgian infantry; the Belgian LMG was the BAR and their HMG was the MG08.  Very frustrating.

John,

What you say is quite correct.

But the following proxies are suitable with a little work. 

Belgian MMG/HMG use  FRE28  ( Begian Forces made extensive use of the Hotchkiss model 1914,)
Belgian BAR use FRE9, you will need to file off the top loading magazine and reduce the bulge at the muzzle
Belgian 47mm.  Use FRE7, the only real difference particularly at this scale is the curved top, which can be sorted out if it bothers you 

Begian AC1 is identicle to  FRE60 Renault AMC-35

The FRC76 is the tricky one , You might be able to get away cutting down the Italian 47mmA/T gun and ask for a French crew with it.

If your using BKC you do not need to depict the LMG as its not used in the rules as a separate entity. Just add them when they become available

So you can do most things with what is available

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

paulr

Quote from: John Cook on 05 March 2018, 09:58:36 AM

It would be ideal if Pendraken only released complete ranges. However, having some available now allows people to make a start on their forces and Pendraken to generate some income to fund completing the range.  It also allows Pendraken to get some gauge of the actual interest. As Leon has indicated the infantry is on the way in due course.

An interesting question of course is what makes a range complete. How many different uniforms did the Belgians use and how many different vehicles, guns, aircraft? How many of these do Pendraken have to make before the range is complete enough to release...

An alternative to using proxies is to use some of your existing forces as 'stand ins', use some British infantry and guns until the appropriate Belgians are available. Not ideal but it lets you play the force and doesn't leave you with proxies that you are not satisfied with.
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

John Cook

Quote from: Orcs on 05 March 2018, 01:07:08 PM
John,

What you say is quite correct.

But the following proxies are suitable with a little work. 

Belgian MMG/HMG use  FRE28  ( Begian Forces made extensive use of the Hotchkiss model 1914,)
Belgian BAR use FRE9, you will need to file off the top loading magazine and reduce the bulge at the muzzle
Belgian 47mm.  Use FRE7, the only real difference particularly at this scale is the curved top, which can be sorted out if it bothers you 

Begian AC1 is identicle to  FRE60 Renault AMC-35

The FRC76 is the tricky one , You might be able to get away cutting down the Italian 47mmA/T gun and ask for a French crew with it.

If your using BKC you do not need to depict the LMG as its not used in the rules as a separate entity. Just add them when they become available

So you can do most things with what is available

Orcs,

Thanks for that.  As I understand it the Hotchkiss M14 was used by the Chasseurs Ardennais and motorised cavalry.  The 12 Belgian Active and 1st Reserve infantry divisions used the MG08.  The Belgians also wore gaiters, not putties, so that is another issue if using the French figures.   

As far as I know the Utility B Tractor was used for towing the FRC 47mm anti-tank gun in the infantry regiments, so why this weapon is missing is very strange.  In my view the differences between the Belgian and French 47mm anti-tank guns are too stark, even in 10mm, for the latter to be used as a substitute. 

These models seem to be very good but using other stuff as 'proxies' or 'stand-ins' just doesn't do it for me.   I'm not interested making a start on a range that might have the necessary infantry in 18 months to two years time.

A pity but there it is.

FierceKitty

Buy some and you do make a practical contribution towards getting the rest made, I'd think. It's a process, and, given how big history is, could hardly be otherwise.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.