Next batch of Indian Mutiny sculpts!

Started by Leon, 03 March 2018, 09:19:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

There's actually a couple of months worth here but we're a bit behind with our pic taking!  This lot covers most of the British types, leaving just the artillery and limbers to be done.  We've had some great help from member John Cook on the artillery, so the modeller is working away on those as I type.  There's a rather nice limber elephant in the works as well!

Indian Mutiny - British

Infantry in Home Service dress

Infantry in Campaign dress

Sikh Infantry

Gurkhas

Naval Brigade

Highlanders

Lancers

Cavalry in shirt and caps

Cavalry in tunic and pugree

Dragoon Guards

Punjabi Cavalry

Gentlemen Horse

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

fred.

2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Shedman

fsn

Not my period, but I can see a lot of proxies in these beauties.

Lovely work. My compliments to the sculptor.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald: 2024 - Silver Medal (Cavalry)
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

Yes indeed, those home service chappies - hmmm  :- such possibilities.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Fenton

I don't know much about the period but the muskets ( should they be muskets?) seem  a little short compared to images Ive seen online. Looks like it will be a great range though
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Leon

Quote from: Fenton on 03 March 2018, 10:39:49 PM
I don't know much about the period but the muskets ( should they be muskets?) seem  a little short compared to images Ive seen online. Looks like it will be a great range though

If you mean the Sikh infantry, those are carrying the Brunswick rifle, a smaller 3ft musket designed to replace the Baker rifle.  It was originally made in the UK but a large number were manufactured and issued in Nepal around the time of the Mutiny. 
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd =D>

The Gurkha with the drawn kukri is a very nice touch :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Poggle

Techno

Fenton

Thanks for the info Leon. I guess I expected them all to be using Brown Bess muskets still
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

quasar42