11 new Post-War/Modern vehicles released!

Started by Leon, 09 September 2017, 03:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

09 September 2017, 03:55:24 PM Last Edit: 09 September 2017, 05:47:41 PM by Leon
We previewed all of these last month and Dave's got them through the moulding process quickly and ready for release.  This lot covers a wide period of time, from the end of WWII right through to the 1980's in some cases.  We've got the Gorilla and the Duster, a few SPG's, a pair of APC's and a couple more Centurions as well!

We'll have some of these with us at the Colours show next weekend, but if you'd like to pre-order any for collection just drop us an email.

Modern Vehicles - https://pendraken.co.uk/modern/vehicles/
MDV48   M19 MGMC   £3.00
MDV49   M37 SPG   £3.00
MDV50   M41 'Gorilla'   £3.00
MDV51   M42 Duster   £3.50
MDV52   M53 SPG, 155mm Howitzer   £4.50
MDV53   M55 SPG, 203mm Howitzer   £4.50
MDV54   M59 APC   £3.50
MDV55   M75 APC   £3.50
MDV56   Centurion Mk 1   £4.50
MDV57   Centurion 'Conway', 120mm   £5.00
MDV58   Oxford Tracked Carrier   £2.80

And some pics:

MDV51 - M42 Duster

MDV54 - M59 APC

MDV53 - M55 SPG, 203mm Howitzer

MDV56 - Centurion Mk 1

MDV57 - Centurion Conway

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

What in the name of all that is holy is a Conway!!!
Good work on those!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Roy

Ooh, lots of lovelies on that webstore page.

Wish I'd known about the "seperate tracks for turrets" when I was converting my Panther/M10. Never mind  :(

princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Not a modern one amongst them, all at least 40 years old, some nearer 60......

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

mart678

Lemmy the Conway is a 120mm armed Centurion which was not produced because of the Conqueror and the 105mm L7
As for not being Modern some of the vehicles above where still in service in the 80's

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Sunray

Quote from: ianrs54 on 09 September 2017, 04:23:18 PM
Not a modern one amongst them, all at least 40 years old, some nearer 60......

IanS

To be pedantically accurate we could term them "post war".  As the first AFVs after WW2 they are often overlooked in wargames.  I see a lot of potential with the Korean era range in early NATO proxies.  We just need 1950s/early 60s Soviet infantry.   It gives an extended life to BKC rules.

The game changers in armoured warfare were (a) the wire guided missile, and (b) spaced armour such as  Chobham. They changed tactics and the deployment of armour/infantry defence.  Can we argue a post war parenthesis  prior to the adoption of these weapon systems ?

In the case of the Middle East, the innovative Sagger did not make an impact until Yom Kippur - but that's another story. 

fsn

Another couple for the Centurion family!

All the goodies one needs fro the Korean War.

Now, if only there were some infantry?  :-\
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald: 2024 - Silver Medal (Cavalry)
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fsn

As for them being modern, they're modern when compared to, say a Sumerian Ass Chariot.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald: 2024 - Silver Medal (Cavalry)
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

Quote from: fsn on 09 September 2017, 06:47:48 PM
As for them being modern, they're modern when compared to, say a Sumerian Ass Chariot.

Wot!? The Sumerian Donkey Cart is surely at the cutting edge of modern military hardware!

Oh dear! Maybe time to paint some WW2 Germans before I'm wandering around the house in a sheepskin kilt and posting here in cuneiform! :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Roy

Does beg the question; what would an ass chariot look like? and, surely, it sounds like one for the fantasy range.

I have found a suitable picture - but forum rules explicitly forbid such unsightly depictions.
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

Ithoriel

Quote from: RoyWilliamson on 10 September 2017, 11:17:01 AM
Does beg the question; what would an ass chariot look like? and, surely, it sounds like one for the fantasy range.

I have found a suitable picture - but forum rules explicitly forbid such unsightly depictions.

It looks like this :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: RoyWilliamson on 10 September 2017, 11:17:01 AM

Are you sure you're not thinking of an arse charriot? :-\

Over the years many vehicles have served the purpose, but the one thing they always have in common is a pair of furry dice hanging from the rear-view mirror...  X_X
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Roy

10 September 2017, 02:40:04 PM #14 Last Edit: 10 September 2017, 02:41:59 PM by RoyWilliamson
the picture of the ass chariot I found had two things dangling, and they did have some hairs on them, but they definitely weren't dice!  :-&

Quote from: O Dinas Powys on 10 September 2017, 01:50:57 PM
Are you sure you're not thinking of an arse charriot?

Might be  ;)