Warband Samurai Apes and Eldritch Vampires released!

Started by Leon, 27 August 2017, 10:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

It's been a long time coming but we've finally got the last two Warband armies ready and released, completing all 12 armies for the rules!

The Eldritch Vampires are a vampire beggar type army, with thralls, vampires, ghouls and werewolves ready to take the field.  A lot of these are conversions from our old Beggar range, plus new sculpts for the command, necromancers, ghouls and werewolves.

Next up is the Samurai Apes, a little different but always popular, made of up of warriors, archers and tiger-riders, plus new command and shamans including a rather cool looking Oni figure.  

Each pack contains all different sculpts, so 25 different figures in the foot packs, 12 different poses in the mounted, etc.

Eldritch Vampires - https://pendraken.co.uk/fantasy-warband/eldritch-vampires/
FAN-VAM1   25 x Thralls   £4.95
FAN-VAM2   25 x Thrall Archers   £4.95
FAN-VAM3   12 x Mounted Thralls   £4.95
FAN-VAM4   5 x Vampire Lords   £1.65
FAN-VAM5   5 x Necromancers   £1.65
FAN-VAM6   25 x Ghouls   £4.95
FAN-VAM7   12 x Dire Wolves   £4.95
FAN-VAM8   25 x Lesser Vampires   £4.95
FAN-VAM9   25 x Werewolves   £4.95
(packs are £4.95 each, command/necromancers are £1.65)

Army Pack: Contains 3 packs of Thralls and 1 pack each of Thrall Archers, Mounted Thralls, Vampire Lords, Necromancers and Ghouls, plus 8 x MDF bases.  Priced at £30.00

Samurai Apes - https://pendraken.co.uk/fantasy-warband/samurai-apes/
FAN-APE1   25 x Warriors   £4.95
FAN-APE2   25 x Archers   £4.95
FAN-APE3   12 x Tiger-Riders   £4.95
FAN-APE4   5-man Daimyo Group   £1.65
FAN-APE5   5 x Shamans   £1.65
FAN-APE6   12 x Tigers   £4.95
(packs are £4.95 each, command/shamans are £1.65)

Army Pack: Contains 3 packs of Warriors and 1 pack each of Archers, Tiger-Riders, Daimyo, Shamans and Tigers, plus 8 x MDF bases.  Priced at £30.00

And some pics of them all!

Eldritch Vampires:

Samurai Apes:

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Kassad

Great addition! I like the Eldritch units, expecially the ghouls, werewolves and dire wolves. They' re good about horror based games.
Well done!
2011 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

DFlynSqrl

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Those are great!
Love the tiggers!!! 🐯

Just when I've cleared my backlog of Warband armies!!!  :'(
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

gizmok24

These look amazing going to be picking both these armies up :) awesome all the warband armies are there now and the models are awesome.

Arsenus

The shadow of a man can never stand up and walk on its own.

https://arsenus.blogspot.fr/

ErHo

Any hints at artillery options for these?   I can see using undead items for Vamps, but what to use as a stand in for the Samurai Apes?

Banana slings?
Poo Catapults?
Marmoset cannons?
Baboon Blasters?

"Call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard and hit it fast with a major - and I mean major - leaflet campaign."

- Rimmer

Leon

Neither of these two has any artillery in the army lists so you'd be looking at 'mercenary' units from other lists.  As you say you, you could use the Undead catapults for the Vampires but for the Apes you probably have to enlist some Dwarves or High Elves to help out!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Ithoriel

Quote from: ErHo on 31 August 2017, 06:01:32 PM
Any hints at artillery options for these?   I can see using undead items for Vamps, but what to use as a stand in for the Samurai Apes?

Banana slings?
Poo Catapults?
Marmoset cannons?
Baboon Blasters?

Given the Far Eastern origin for rockets, perhaps the Napoleonic British Rocket crewed by a few converted Samurai Apes?
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

ErHo

Quote from: Ithoriel on 31 August 2017, 08:50:16 PM
Given the Far Eastern origin for rockets, perhaps the Napoleonic British Rocket crewed by a few converted Samurai Apes?

This!!
"Call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard and hit it fast with a major - and I mean major - leaflet campaign."

- Rimmer

fsn

Organ gun (ELM16)

No puns*. I just like organ guns.

Perhaps firing arrows?

Samurai Cannon (SAM15)

*Yes, I know "organ gun" is nearly an anagram of "organutan".
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald: 2024 - Silver Medal (Cavalry)
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

I want to make a Poo catapult. (But I haven't got time. X_X)

Cheers - Phil

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald: 2024 - Silver Medal (Cavalry)
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

DFlynSqrl